Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are my Outlook files corrupted? Cannot access email.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FiendishThingy

FiendishThingy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:55 PM

I recently ran a Norton scan. Perhaps coincidentally (or perhaps not), I suddenly cannot access Outlook 2007 for my email. Tells me to use Inbox repair tool scanpst.exe  but it doesn't seem to download to install and run when I click on instructions.  I did a google search to find out what it is, but I can't seem to do anything to make it work. The error message also said that if I need more information to see Help, except I don't even know where Help is when I don't have a screen connected with Outlook.

I just ran Norton Power Eraser and it said I have Bad Status with a risk called  alsysio64.sys  but a google search indicates that this is a legitimate thing. Why does Norton want me to remove it?

I am over 60 and basically computer illiterate. My husband was my computer geek, but he recently died and now my computer problems are stacking up...  Can someone please help me with either of these problems?

Thank you,

FiendishThingy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedRay

RedRay

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Norton Power Eraser is kinda like a anti-rootkit program.  Its very aggressive and sometimes can target seemingly harmless files.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

You mean these instructions (what it lists under "automatic"?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

You could try the "manual" method…there should be nothing to download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users