Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi! And First Gen IPad ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daisy Cutter

Daisy Cutter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Well hello there. 
I happened to have skipped the introduction post I keep getting nagged about by this bleeping computer. ^.^ 
I came across some word games in y'alls wonderfully helpful website I have been stalking. Very intelligent people here. I do enjoy a game thread, if ya' didn't know.
Was hoping, perhaps someone could enlighten me on an issue I've been having.
I know enough about technological advances to find word games but not enough to be in the know / considered tech savvy. o.O
... There's some song title games I'd like to play (more efficiently).
I use a tablet.
Apple iPad.
1st gen.
Got it when it first came out.
( Everything is synced on all apples - got phones and laptops - i just like my 'crack pad' as I like to call it.)
Was a gift, from my ol' man. He engraved the back, "The world will end. When caught in a web." 
So, these song games.
It crashes.
I don't look at Facebook, it crashes.
You tube? Crashes.
Other high media web pages, crashes.
(no other applications running in background. Cleared history and cookies, still effs up.)

Doesn't happen on any other apple.
But every other apple is compatible for ios 7.

Kinda reminds me of a self destruct button.

... It's not horribly disrupting but, I do wish I could view a few things on the crack pad that, crashes instead.
It's worse than slow Internet.
What could be looked at in two minutes ends up being ten due to constant crashing. 
Any thoughts? 
Should I live with the crashing?
Is it normal?
Would I be better off with an iOS 7 device?
Am I stuck with the option of investing a newer version?

... Did I just answer my own question?
Thanks for hearing my thoughts.

P.s. Could it be Internet connection issues?
Hasn't been synced in a while. A possible reason?
Any other theories I could try?

Edit: Moved topic from Mac OS to the more appropriate forum at the request of staff.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daisy Cutter

Daisy Cutter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

I posted this in the wrong section. Didn't I?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

I posted this in the wrong section. Didn't I?

We can move it if needed.

As to your issue, it certainly could be due to the fact that it cannot be upgraded to the most current iOS version and thus the most current browser version for iOS. Does the iPad crash when using other apps besides the browser?

Have you tried rebooting it? Or even resetting it (i.e. erasing everything on it and restoring from a backup)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users