Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pcpitstop Test ....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:19 AM

Ive just ran a test at Pc pitstop, and its come up with this ......

TIP > Unusually Low Video Performance

Video performance of this system, 78.04 megapixels per second, is significantly lower than average.

About Video Performance

Systems with the same processor and amount of memory typically perform at a level of 157 Mp/s. PC Pitstop's video test measures the 2D performance of the video board, which is used to draw windows, icons, and fonts on typical desktop applications such as word processors and browsers. It does not measure the 3D capabilities used by high-end games.

Solutions
If you have received other tips or advice on PC Pitstop, resolve those items and re-test before trying to resolve this one. Your low performance may be due to some other conditions that we've already detected, and will go away as soon as those problems are resolved.

In Windows XP, you may be able to get better video performance by turning off some of the "eye candy" features. To do that, go to Control Panel | System | Advanced tab | Performance Settings | Visual Effects. In this dialog, you can select "Adjust for best performance" or "Custom" and select just the features you want. Some users have reported that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" has a significant effect on performance.

If this tip consistently appears, there may be a problem with the video driver. See if an update is available from the system or video board vendor. Inexpensive video boards sometimes have very poor performance, especially on low-end systems sold at retail consumer outlets. Your only option to increase performance in these cases may be to buy a new video board

Ive changed some settings as above, but get the same PCPitstop advice after a second scan...?

Ive also tried to update the video driver but no luck..?

any ideas please of what I need to do...?

Thanks .......... Mypenry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:09 PM

I take it this is the PCPitStop from CA& ETrust? I've tried this once on my machine and it came up with a ton of ways to improve my PC. I'm tempted to buy it, but I've decided not to buy it or the other optimizor thingy CA has to offer as well. Basically, I think that there are two things in this case:

1. PCPitstop is displaying junk to get you to buy it (Highly unlikely)
2. You either didn't alter the stuff correctly or were unable to alter all of the package in turn doing nothing.

In any case, I believe that if you want to improve your PC the way PCPitStop believes you should, buying PCPitStop is the way to go.
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#3 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

If this is the same PC Pitstop I'm thinking of ,then they give you correct info but in a way
that they hope you react to by thinking "OMG, I NEED THIS" ,what ever "it" is they want to sell.
do you have oboard video or a "card" ? if on board and your worried about it ,get a video card
from maker of your choice. I'm perfectly happy with my 4mb of onboard vid here , but I'm not
a gamer either.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#4 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:41 AM

Thanks no one & Elendil,

AS I am new to the world of computers, its going to take me some time to sort out just who to believe and which web site to trust..?

I did not see on the results of the scan any remarks about buying things..? , but again as I said it all new to me. This is my first new computer ( after saving up ) and ive only had it some weeks now, so I may be overreacted to the Pit Stop comment, I did not expect to ... ( Unusually Low Video Performance ) so I was unsure of just what to do..?

Thsi is the spec of my new computer...

Processor.... Intel Pentium 4 650 - 3.4Ghz L2 cache / FSB800 EM64T ( dual core cpu + 64Bit )
Memory ........ 1,024 MB ddr-II RAM
Hard Drive .....250 GB HDD SATA ( 7,200 rpm )
Optical Drive..DVD / RW 16x ( DVD Writer Dual Layer Function )
VAG Card .......Pci Express card X600 Pro 256 MB (16x) with TV -out / DVi +
Sound Card ... Creative Audigy value ( 24Bits )
Monitor ........... LCD 17''
Speakers........ Creative speakers 5B370 With Sub Woofer
Operating System ... Windows XP Pro Media center
TV Tuner Card ( built in )
System remote control with E Mode Management Software
ATi Radeon Express 200 Graphic Chipset with 16x PCI Express Slot
9 - in - 1 Media Reader with IEE 1394 Port
Intergrated Ethernet 10 / 100 ( Lan Built In )
56 k ITU V.90 External fax / Modem . Wake On Lan ready
Intregated Realtek ALC880 Audio Codec With 7: 1 Channels Audio Support
Support S / PDIF ( Sony / phillips Digital Interface) output
Multi Media Wirless Keyboard and Mouse
Logitech SX 2000 Web Camera

does any thing look like it should have the comment ( ( Unusually Low Video Performance )

advice please ...Thanks ... Mypenry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users