Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

5 mp4 files I cannot delete

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Hi to all, I have 5 mp4 Files that I cannot find or Delete they are not where they should have been downloaded too. The Icons associated to them are of a "Blank Page" turning' Like a Word doc File - only Blank? I have downloaded them into my usual place But when I try and delete them I get :

" This Item is nolonger in this locatsion H;\AA MEDIA TV MOVIES please Verify the Items Location and try again " I tried Rht Click and Properties to find the path" but it says that they are located where they should be a H;\t AA MEDIA TV MOVIES.

The default for all these types of Files is Media Player CLASSIC , Can anyboby help please Dasha :)

Edited by Dazza, 26 April 2014 - 07:30 PM.

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

You can try using a program like CCleaner to get rid of old keys and programs and see if that works.  Get it here.

If not you might have a malware issue, to be sure do the following:

•     Go to the malware forum on our site.  You do this by first going here, to read how to post and where, what and when.
  •     Then follow the post link to post to our virus forum.
  •     Please wait, do not do anything to your computer unless a forum, Malware expert, or Moderator tells you too.
  •     They will make sure your computer has no virus, malware on it, and help you secure your computer.
  •     Only work with one person at a time, DO NOT go to different sites and get help there too.

Good luck and please stick with the antivirus experts, they help a lot of people, and it can take a few days to get to you, but they are as good as it gets.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

I am wondering if those are valid addresses?

I don't think a file or folder name needs a semicolon after the drive letter?

AFAIK file or folder names cannot contain blank spaces?

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

#4 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I am wondering if those are valid addresses?

I don't think a file or folder name needs a semicolon after the drive letter? Thanks saluqui I did that to make sure I was not sending "Link:thumbup2:

AFAIK file or folder names cannot contain blank spaces?

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

With long file names you can have folder names with spaces.  Having spaces in folder and file names can make them more difficult to work with.

If CCleaner doesn't fix the problem, you might try running running a Check Disk on the drive.  Right click the drive in an Explorer window, switch to the Tools tab and press the Check now button.  You can run it with the defaults first, if that doesn't fix your issue you might try running it again with the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors option checked.

#6 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

czarboom, RKilroy, THanksguys ran disc scan nothing there I will have to get back on it tomorrow I am away from home at the moment Cheers Dasha :thumbup2:    

#7 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

Okay I have managed to locate and remove the Files Thanks for your help Dasha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users