Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is the best backup program for windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computerfunguy

computerfunguy

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

i have a windows 8 laptop.  I am looking for a free program that will allow me to do a full backup of my system?  any reccomendations?  thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

I have used Macrium Free and it has not let me down yet. It also lets you create a Windows PE boot disk (small download) in order to recover your system if it is unbootable.

There is also Aoemi Backupper which is similar but I do not have experience with it.

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

A great Free and Open Source one is Clonezilla.  Get it here.

It can be a pain to learn how to use, and with windows you must save it to a External Drive or Partition.  But, it will save EVERYTHING. 

Joshdew made a great video using Windows 8 on using it.  Watch this first before you use it.  Click here.

Also windows backup and restore does a good job, but will not grab all your files.

good luck

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users