This is one of the reasons why we recommend not to use ComboFix on your own. There are risks involved and we would prefer it if someone who knows how to resovle any issues that may arise is supervising its use.
Using the /Uninstall switch will:
- Delete ComboFix's related folders and files.
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions.
- Hide System/Hidden files.
- Clear the System Restore cache.
- Create a new Restore point.
That does not mean doing so will undo the problem with your U3 access...if ComboFix was indeed responsible to begin with. AND removing all the logs will not allow anyone to review them to ascertain exactly what ComboFix found and removed.
Since you already ran Combofix, its log should be thoroughly reviewed by trained experts before proceeding further. A log should have been created and saved to the root directory, usually C:\ComboFix.txt
Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help
starting at Step 6.
- If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
- In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)
When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to include your ComboFix log
in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum
, NOT here
, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
-- ComboFix logs are not permitted
in this forum.
After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.