Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autorun

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 colon14

colon14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Just downloaded/ran Autorun program, ckg what is starting up on my computer.  They gave a legend of various letters that I'd see.  My results show no letters, but has some items highlighted in different colors - Some in Yellow w/ "file not found" & others in Pink.  Need to find out what the colors mean so I can reduce some of the start up files/programs.  Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Pink/Red: Indicates no publisher information was found, or if Verify code signatures" is enabled under Options > Filter Options, means that the digital signature either doesn’t exist or doesn’t match (not verified, unsigned), or there is no publisher information.
Green: Indicates changed entries and is used when comparing (from the File menu) against a previous set of Autoruns data to indicate an item that wasn’t there last time.
Yellow: Indicates "File not found" in the expected location (Image Path). Meaning the startup entry is there, but the file or job it points to doesn’t exist anymore. This coding is not always reliable if the full path is not in Windows Registry entry and even then you should check any subkeys. In most cases these entries are harmless leftovers (remnants) from uninstalled applications...many program uninstallers do not perform an adequate job of completely removing them.
Blue: Indicates the location where the group of entries is found...usually a Registry key.

If you're going to keep Autoruns (which I recommend), be careful using it and be sure to read:.
-- Note: AutoRuns is a tool for advanced users since it does not have the ability to recognize unsafe or dangerous items...it only displays what it finds.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users