Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email To box recipients being removed between sent items and target address

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carter87

Carter87

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi, I'm trying to work out if I've got a nasty virus that could be removing To recipients from sent emails. Basically I've sent a few emails that I know I've sent to people, as they're confirmed in the sent mail folder. But it is only turning up to less of the recipients with no name on the To email list....it's as if they've disappeared on route. With hindsight I think this is happening a lot but I've only just noticed around a specific issue. Could this be a virus, I'm running mcafee and it seems ok. I'm being held to task on an important email chain, I don't have the sent item email as it's from a long time ago but I know I sent it to one of them, could a virus have done this? Really could do with some guidance on this!

Edited by hamluis, 26 April 2014 - 04:09 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

While I cannot say that is not a virus/malware (I suppose anything is possible), it is not something that I have ever heard of happening before.

What are you using for your email purposes? An email client such as Outlook? Or a webmail interface?

Does that same thing happen if you copy yourself by way of BCC (i.e. do all the sent to addresses show up in your BCC'd copy or not)?

Edited by smax013, 27 April 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#3 thelopez2

thelopez2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

I've seen this on Windows 7 Pro, Outlook 2013, Hosted by Google.  It didn't happened using the browser webmail and it was using a different AV program as you.  It would get to the CC recipient but the the CC person would see the TO field as being blank.  I'm guessing the  "TO" field is either being stripped by Outlook of by the mail/SMTP server.  No trying to hijack the thread but just let you know you aren't alone.  I didn't fix the problem, just saw it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users