Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to create simultaneous audio output from multiple speakers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 parkton

parkton

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure whether what i want to achieve is possible, but here s my objective. Having just got into music streaming from my Windows 7 pc, using Firefox as browser and Deezer for the music i wanted to achieve multiple room listening rather than just listening from the stereo speakers attached to the pc. So, i've plugged in a bluetooth usb adapter (Advent, with EDR) and connected up a harman/karman BTA10 bluetooth adapter to the hi-fi in my living room and purchased a Minx Go (Cambridge Audio) portable wireless music system speaker. To my great relief all installed successfully and all the devices play - but only individually.

The question therefore is can i, and how do i go about adjusting the computer audio settings to have music playing simultaneously via the hi-fi in the living room, the pc connected speakers in the back room and the portable Minx bluetooth speaker?  When i looked at Control Panel and then 'Sound' i've found how to change the default playback source between the items listed, but can't see how i can get all the items to play music from Deezer at the same time for that multi-room sound experience.

I'd appreciate any help you can give, and in simple steps because i'm no computer techie!

(Last point, just in case it's relevant concerns the Advent Bluetooth adapter. I purchased this online having checked that it was going to be okay for Windows 7. On the packet though it says Windows 2000, XP and Vista but having then checked again before trying it out, others had installed successfully on Windows 7 - and obviously it also worked for me as far as i can see, because all the devices do work).

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

I can say that overall it is possible to do…maybe not with your specific hardware setup. For example, if you are using a system using AirPlay to stream (i.e. Airport Expresses connected to speakers, other computers, iOS devices, AppleTV), then iTunes music can be streamed with to multiple locations with no additional software. I have such a setup. If you want to stream non-iTunes content, then you can use a third-party program called Airfoil to stream that other content.

Now, obviously, unless you want to switch gears to an Airplay system (or something else, the above does not seem to help much.Where is helps is that maybe there is some other third party application that can do something similar for your situation.

You might see if this helps:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/66484-63-output-audio-devices-time

#3 parkton

parkton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

smax013, thanks for replying to my question.

I'll check the details you've provided and provide an update once i've worked through this.

Much obliged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users