Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Speed (Upload) Very Unstable/Slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ry12

ry12

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Another day another problem!

Hi everyone,
Around two days ago I started noticing my internet speed going really slow and it's not from the PC as I tried it with other laptops and also with console. I did a Speed Test and the download speed seemed fine (it goes up and down between 3700 - 4000kbps) but the upload speed was terrible (30 - 40kbps maybe?) no wonder I was having issues!

I checked with the company/service and they told me that it's from my side and that they will be sending me a tech next Monday but if I could solve the problem myself it would be better as I need to work on the interenet.

I have 3 telephone sockets in my house and all of them have the ADSL filter in them. The modem was in my room and when I moved it to another socket the upload speed boosted to around 200 - 347 (rarely 400kbps).  I called again and they told me that it still doesn't seem steady.

What the heck is going on? Do I need to change the ADSL filters maybe and why did the upload speed suck in my room?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C03_M4NN

C03_M4NN

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

There are many factors with this.  What is the model of the modem / router they gave you.  Also, depending on what the "slam" or "line card" in the office is profiled for.  ADSL filters, wont help if it's ADSL2 or XDSL.  When the tech comes get them to put in a VDSL POTS Splitter where the line comes into the house. (this will remove the issues of echo's regardless of the spectrum of dsl you are on as well as any faults that may be on the inside wiring of your place) 

Edited by C03_M4NN, 28 April 2014 - 11:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users