Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

phone wont connect to wifi at home

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 supersmooth

supersmooth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

My home wifi works perfect for my laptop, netflix blu ray player and kindle but not my nexus 4 phone. However my phone works fine with wifi everywhere else. The phone shows it is connected to the wifi and seems to work very intermitantly. Downloading an album could take a week with a track dowloading every so often.  Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.in advance.

Edit: Moved topic from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to the more appropriate forum, at the suggestion of staff.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Have you tried re-booting your phone?

Is your WiFi encrypted (i.e. WPA/WPA2 or WEP)? If so, have you tried temporarily turning off the encryption to see if it will connect?

Details on your WiFi router might be useful.

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

What phone do you have?  What firmware version.  Do you have power saving mode on?  If so it could be disabiliting your wifi when the phone goes black.  Router could need a firmware update.  Phone could need a update.  Also your router depending on the router type and age can only handle so many connections at one time.  Meaning say you have 50 devices and one wifi router, that will only allow 10 connections.  Unless you did the configuration, its first come first serve. 

Please include some details

Phone make, model and firmware

Router info, type version, N or G type or both.

How many devices in your house use the internet.

type of internet you have.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users