Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network error, windows cannot access shared folder

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

I am sharing a folder on a windows 7 computer. On a windows vista computer, I can see the w7 computer listed in network, and I can see the shared folder. But when I double click on the folder, it says "Network Error, Windows cannot access \\W7COMPUTER\testshare
Check the spelling of the name, otherwise there might be a problem with your network"

I think the problem is on the windows 7 computer, but I don't know how to fix it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Worth A Look, IMO.

Louis

#3 bludshot

bludshot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:52 AM

Even though I turned off password protected sharing, it turns out I had to add "Everyone" to the permissions in order for the share to be browsed.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

I think that I had to do the same thing :).  It's been so long since I networked Win 7 with a different version of Windows...I really could not remember what steps I took .  Well done.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users