Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Burning Softwares Don't Work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bat321

Bat321

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

Recently I thought my BR burner was going out so I went out and purchased an Asus BW-16D1HT.  I came home and installed it but the same s*** .  So I decided to re install the software, but to no a vale. My computer had been acting up for awhile, I thought something in the registry had been corrupted somehow so I went ahead and re installed the OS. After everything the same thing is still happening. All of the burning software are behaving the same ROXIO Creator Pro 2012, Clone DVD, DVDFab, the copy process works fine on all of them, but then they idle for about 22 mins before the actual writing process begins, and when I cancel the, programs freeze and the media can't be ejected and this goes on forever unless I reboot. What can it possibly be? PLEASE HELP! Oh! BTW the first symptoms were the old burner wouldn't read or play my discs 

Computer Info.

Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9750 Quad Core 2.40GHz
Installed Memory: 4.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Hard Drive: Western Digital Internal 2TB HD
Blu-Ray Writer: Asus BW-16D1HT

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

Did you replace the data cable along with the new optical drive? If you have a spare one you can check this out. Many doesn't contain a new cable, but it's good to replace it when changing drives.

I don't have, nor have I used a Blu-Ray drive, so I can't speak as to how fast it's supposed to tun, however that sounds like a long time.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#3 Bat321

Bat321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my dilemma, to answer your question; no I didn't change the cable, I think you just might have something there. The optical drive cable is at least 6 yrs old. I'll swap it out first thing, Thanks again Cat. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users