Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Backup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rakia

Rakia

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hello, I am new here

Error message says,

Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with 0x80041321

Here is the Microsoft site that  believe has te key information, but I am not quite capable of fully understanding what they want me do do, they are vauge in the most important areas, especially read the comment and his link on that site,k for e has the answer

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/task-image-is-corrupt-or-has-been-tampered-with/91c0aef2-fa32-4795-8eb2-5c109cabe550

I have basically the same issue with updating, though it may be a different error code

Been trying to find a registry repair utility, but have not ad any luck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

G'day Rakia, and :welcome: to BC !

Please run this for me.

Download Windows Repair (All in One) from this site

Install the program then run it.

NOTE 1. In Windows Vista, 7 and 8 right click on the program, click "Run As Administrator".
NOTE 2. Disable your antivirus program before running Windows Repair.

Go to Step 2 and click on Check button next to 1. See If Check Disk Is Needed.
If the tool that the Check Disk is needed click on Do It button next to 2. Check Disk.
In that case make sure you restart computer.

p22004342.gif

Once the above is done go to Step 3 and allow it to run System File Check by clicking on Do It button:

p22004343.gif

Go to Step 4 and under "System Restore" click on Create button:

p22004346.gif

Go to Start Repairs tab and click Start button.

Leave all checkmarks as they're.
NOTE for Windows 8 users. Reset Registry Permissions is NOT checked by design.

Click on Start button.

p22004347.gif

Post Windows Repair log which is located in the following folder:
64-bit systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs
32-bit systems - C:\Program Files\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Rakia

Rakia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

TY for te advice, but I already have ran it, last night

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Commonly Task Scheduler task image is located in: C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsBackup, please take a backup of WindowsBackup file and then delete it, then see if the issue occurs.

2.        Refresh the 'User_Feed_Synchronization' task:

1)   Right click 'Command Prompt' and select the 'Run As Administrator' option.

2)   In the command window, type the following command.

msfeedssync disable

msfeedssync enable

Let me know how it goes

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 Rakia

Rakia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Well, that got me a little further, but the backup stops premature, and the system information says

"The system cannot find the file specified"

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Pretty much what Condobloke wrote, see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/6d9781e1-ac66-4488-b7d5-d09d8c26a9b0/win-7-backup-error-0x80041321?forum=w7itproui .

Louis

#7 Rakia

Rakia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

First, I want to thank you guys for your help, and you did help, I did have to delete that file before I could get to the next problem, which was were it could not find the specified file, once I got there I Googled 'Windows 7 Backup The system cannot find the file specified" which led me, pretty easily, to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979281

See Scenario 2 resplution

Once I read that page, I knew what was wrong, why it originally believed it had been tampered with (The file itself had not been tampered with, but the file had something in it that was no longer in the same place it believed it sould have been, My Libraries have been moved). The solution was to control what was to be backed up

Like I said TY for your help, because had I not deleted that file, I could not have gotten to the next error message, and the code that sent me to that link

I still may have a problem with my updater, but I will not know till Microsoft send an update

But also, know, after running Windows Repair (All in One), my Defrag will not work, no worries though I just downloaded the one from this site and it works fine. Funny thing though, on my deragger, it will defrag all drives except Drive C, which is the drive I ran the repair on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users