Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple programs not able to connect to servers`

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tominable

Tominable

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here but I was hoping that one of you could help me out.

Recently, multiple programs were having issues connecting to their servers (examples include warframe, smite and iDisplay).

I have checked windows firewall and ensured that all of the programs are enabled to access network however this looks okay and the problem persists.

Any help would be great,

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

This may be blocked, either intentionally or unintentionally, by your router.  You would see issues like this if you turned off uPnP on the router.

#3 Tominable

Tominable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

I've been connected to multiple networks and encountered the same problem so I don't think this would be router related. I've checked through control panel and ensured UPnP is enabled through windows 7.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Well...what are the error messages?

Louis

#5 Tominable

Tominable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj488/Tominable/errors_zpseeea7177.png~original

Hi,

I've attached screenshots from programs Smite, Firefox, AVG and warframe.

In each of these, connection to the network is not recognized meaning that updates and online gameplay are prevented, despite being connected to the internet and other programs (such as google chrome) running fine.

If you would like to see the results of any system tests please let me know and I'll provide them asap.

Thanks,

Tom

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

I don't see anything useful at your link...nothing I can contribute here .

Louis

#7 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

If you have Comcast ISP it could be due to outages. They recently had a issue in Washington State someone hacked down a fiber optic line thinking they would steal copper. The servers are still having routing issues.

#8 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,278 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Being on different networks doesn't mean anything.  If UPnP is turned off on the router the software is unable to open up the required ports.  You probably need to forward the correct ports on the router.  Otherwise it could be blocked by some firewall type software on your machine.

#9 Tominable

Tominable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

@Louis: The purpose of the link was to show the multiple error messages I am receiving, suggesting that these have no network access. I am sorry this didn't help.

I have port forwarded ports for Smite and Gary's Mod but to no avail. This has been done on multiple routers with different ISPs.

I have also looked at the UpNP settings on the router that I use at this house (ISP: BT (UK)), ensuring that UpNP is enabled on the router.

I have just remembered that I had an error message from action center a few months ago that states I have a 'Win32/Small. CA Virus' however when I tried to fix this through action center 'the solution could not be downloaded' as action center does not recognise the internet connection.

Hopefully this assists you further,

Many thanks,

Tom

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

I have just remembered that I had an error message from action center a few months ago that states I have a 'Win32/Small. CA Virus' however when I tried to fix this through action center 'the solution could not be downloaded' as action center does not recognise the internet connection.

Topic moved to Am I Infected forum.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 April 2014 - 08:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users