Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Start up problem with the Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 meltannen

meltannen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hi,

Appreciate your support with the below query. Am not tech savvy at all, so please do try and explain in detail should I need to troubleshoot any solution. 

My computer was working alright, however suddenly upon start up it would go into configuring windows and hang. There were a few critical updates pending, and I thought that might be the problem and updated the computer. But post that, every time I start it, it will show me the windows screen and then goes into the blue death screen and restarts itself. I am able to get into the safe mode option, but if I try and use the restore functionality, the blue screen will appear again and I cannot do anything post that - as it will restart itself. 

Should this be a problem I can fix, please do help and guide me. And if I need professional help - do inform me of that too. I am attaching a screen shot of the error received...

Window 7 - HP Laptop

Attached File  Screen Shot 1.jpg   114.74KB   0 downloads

Regards

Meltannen

New Comer to this forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Try reseating your memory, and using one stick at a time. Can you run in safe mode?

#3 meltannen

meltannen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hi Rooda, yes I can.. Safe Mood opens perfectly... how do I reset the memory, can you guide me? :)

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

what is the model of the HP?

Has any new hardware or programs been installed recently?

#5 meltannen

meltannen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

HP Probook 4320s

All I did was install the critical updates from Windows that were pending for a while, post which this error started appearing. I also did a system restore, however that didn't seem to help, and if I try that now the blue screen just appears. Safe mode appears though..

#6 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Lets try restarting the computer and tapping F8 to get to the advanced option menu

Cursor down to "last known good configuration" press enter

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Please boot into Safe Mode with Netrworking and do the following.  If you can do this it should provide us with enough information to get a idea of what is happening.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Edited by dc3, 25 April 2014 - 11:03 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users