Try these steps (they might be the same as you've tried)
1. Click Start > Control Panel and look for and click 'Clock, Region and Language' or 'Region and Language'
2. Click location and check it is correct
3. Click Keyboards and Languages
4. Click Change Keyboards
5. Click Add and search for 'English (United Kingdom)' and expand it then double click keyboard and click United Kingdom and click ok in the top right.
6. Up the top change the default to United Kingdom but don't click apply yet
7. Click English (US) and click remove then click apply
If you have any problems let me know
It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like.
Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.
Words and ideas can change the world.