Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What should I upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Halikarz31

Halikarz31

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:24 AM

Clueless for the most part here. Computer I made is about 3 years old at this point. Recently upgraded to GeForce 770 and have a feeling computer is bottlenecking and the card isn't able to use it's full potential. Last couple of months in almost every game it seems as though lower then average FPS I used to have is pretty consistent.

Just basically need help on finding what I should change if anything of course. All help is appreciated.

GPU: GeForce EVGA SuperClocked 770

: i5-2500k 3.30 GHz

Motherboard: Don't remember specific, gigabyte

Hard Drive: Standard 2 TB harddrive, no solid state

RAM: 8 Gigs

Power Supply: 750 watt thermaltake

I use System Mechanic and scan constantly for viruses and fragmentation. I don't believe programs can assist any further. Not sure why the 770 is under performing, even on games that I used to run a lot faster 2 years ago same settings. Seems no matter what settings the game is on, FPS likes to stay the same. So any advice is appreciated, maybe need a new processor, or anything. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

What games are you playing and what is the FPS of those games?  That looks like a very good setup, even three years later.  Is your hard drive full?  Did you remember to uninstall the old drivers for the GPU when you switched over to the GTX 770?  Do you have anything running while gaming like real-time protection for the antivirus or backup programs?

3939.png

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

What operating system are you using?

The only other possible thing may be the RAM.  Open Task Manager, switch to the Performance tab, press the Resource Monitor button.  Keep that open and run your game.  When you exit the game in the Memory section what are you Hard Faults/sec?

#4 Halikarz31

Halikarz31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

I've uninstalled all drivers from AMD that I had, switched to updated Nvidia. 

Main game that has any issues is League of legends. I can play planet side 2, WoW, Crysis 2, no problem, but League of Legends and sometimes Diablo 3 have issues with frames when team fights occur or more mobs are added to the screen. League feels like it's studdering constantly.

Diablo 3 can span from 10 fps to 90 fps and league does about the same. Making it uncomfortable in team fights.

0 hard faults playing the named games I mentioned. 

I did notice however that when i turned the fps cap off, and didn't run the game from nvidia GeForce Experience panel that league appeared to be smoother, but I would have to test that idea

#5 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

That computer should obliterate league of legends no? Is the video card overheating or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users