Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

maintenance of Lenovo G560 laptop keyboard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KP330

KP330

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hi, am wondering if there is a way to get the keys off the board so as to clean underneath, in the buttons, etc. some of my keys have gotten spongy and/or unresponsive, like there may be something lodged there, and I do have spiders and ants crawling around. Is there a video I could watch to show me how to clean up?

"What comes around, goes around"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Those keycaps are not removable.  I use a small paperclip wrapped with a non-dust wipe, bent at right angle to get underneath.  A little water will help to get the toughest spots clean. 

#3 KP330

KP330
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

um, sorry to disillusion you, but I have been digging around on the web and come across www.laptopkey.com  which shows every which key, their pins and hinges and sizes and tell you both how to remove the key cap, but also how to replace them

Check them out. you will be prompted to look for your model, make etc, and then you can click on the info and it tells you what to do

So, I guess I answered my own query, but the info is here, now, for anyone to view

Edited by KP330, 30 April 2014 - 07:33 PM.

"What comes around, goes around"

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

The expertise of the average user will result in a broken keyboard.  Better to replace it than play delicate games with little plastic pieces and clips.  I can spend an hour cleaning a keyboard but it will cost more for labor.  Severe environments can call for overlays which will even help the average user who eats and drinks in front of the machine.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,240 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

This a far better way!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/lenovo-g560-keyboard

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic