Looking for your help to see if there is a better way to do what we are doing now (I am sure there is! lol).
Here is our process:
1. Users create an email with 2 attachments (.xml and .docx)
2. Send it to a specific email address (let's say firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. We run a separate server with Outlook always on, set on email@example.com account, which checks for new emails with these attachments.
4. There was an Outlook add-on purchased called Express ClickYes, that I think checks the account every 10 minutes and processes incoming emails from the inbox to PST, strips the attachments to a folder on the same server.
5. Then our ERP system is set up to import files from that folder.
Here are a few issues that I have. First of all, I always have to have the server running with Outlook open for this to work. So if the server was rebooted and nobody logged in and opened Outlook, the add-on of course can't process emails, which requires constant monitoring of the server. The add-on, doesn't alway work, so you have to restart Outlook once in awhile. So my questions is it possible to do something where i could say to strip the incoming attachments from the mailbox and send them to a certain folder without having outlook with that account constantly opened. Can this be automated on the Exchange 2007 server somehow?
Thanks you for your help!