Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crash during gaming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deschamin

deschamin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

My PC works fine, but will crash completely (no message) and the fans will go ballistic, which usually means a heat issue.  I don't understand why 3 of my temps are reading over 100C on my motherboard.  I have a mini-itx motherboard.  The temps on my CPU never get even remotely high and I have it watercooled with a NZXT Kraken X40.  I have run GPU stress tests at 100% load for 15 mins and reached 80C at the highest (but no crash).  However I believe that it is those 3 motherboard temps that might be causing the crash.  Anyone know how to figure out where those might be located on my motherboard?

PC_temp.png

Intel 2500k

8gb RAM

Asus P8Z77I-Deluxe/WD

Asus GTX 780 ti

2 250GB SSDs

Edited by hamluis, 25 April 2014 - 06:29 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

I have no idea why but for your CPU at stock speeds your vcore should be sitting at around 1.2v. From your screenshot, it shows your CPU is not idle so I don't understand why your vcore is so low.

Also, probably would be best if you checked your temps within the BIOS. For example; my HWMonitor says my motherboard is operating at 128c, if thta was the case I don't think I would have a motherboard!

How many fans do you have hooked up, also what is the model of your PSU?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users