Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me with something that is haunting me!!! Please!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 plshalpme

plshalpme

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

I suspect the admin of this one website are tracking me and being malicious.

I went to this one support website and like a fool I posted some personal information (non identifying).  Shortly after this person didn't like what I wrote and attacked me, after I told them off (sorry but I was attacked and they deserved it), I was banned. I went back under other IP addresses wondering what happened, why I was attacked and banned. I wrote the person that attacked me and find out why they reported me. I was able to get on the website but every time I went to message them I was instantly logged out. How can this happen when my IP address is changed? Have they installed some embedded tracking thing in my browser.

I used spybot, malwarebites, avg, cleaners etc. I don't care about going to this website but I feel that they are tracking me and have posted there about me and places I go online, converstations I have! They are ruining my life! Please help me!!! Sorry for the drama but this has been going on for a long time and I would like some peace of mind.

How are the admin doing this to me? :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Which IP address did you change? The ban is probably a ban on your user account for that website and possibly a ban on your ISP IP address. You can find your ISP IP address by going to www.google.com and typing in my ip then hit enter. You can change the computers IP address all you want, but the ISP IP address will be unaffected. Sometimes ISP's change their IP's every few months, sometimes more, sometimes not at all. You might be able to call them and get a new address.

If you used the same user name on other websites, the admin may have googled your username and found the common sites related to that specific user name.

Edited by zingo156, 24 April 2014 - 03:01 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 plshalpme

plshalpme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

I have tried many IP address, when I go there with my regular IP address, I can not see anything. I get a message 403 forbidden.  If I use Tor or a proxy, I can go there and make a new account. I can intereact with many people but I can not message this one person (who I think is an admin troll) and if I do try I am INSTANTLY logged out every single time. How can that even be?

Thanks for your help though, I just don't understand this at all. :( I want to know how they do this.

Edited by plshalpme, 24 April 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#4 plshalpme

plshalpme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Which IP address did you change? The ban is probably a ban on your user account for that website and possibly a ban on your ISP IP address. You can find your ISP IP address by going to www.google.com and typing in my ip then hit enter. You can change the computers IP address all you want, but the ISP IP address will be unaffected. Sometimes ISP's change their IP's every few months, sometimes more, sometimes not at all. You might be able to call them and get a new address.

If you used the same user name on other websites, the admin may have googled your username and found the common sites related to that specific user name.

I guess my ISP IP address is blocked but if I go to what is my IP and am using a proxy, it shows the proxy IP adress.

Edited by plshalpme, 24 April 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#5 plshalpme

plshalpme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

"If you used the same user name on other websites, the admin may have googled your username and found the common sites related to that specific user name."

No I never do this.

I did noticed the website tried to give me XSS sometimes. Would that do something?

Edited by plshalpme, 24 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

It is possible there is some cookie (temperary file) related to the website stored for the browser you are using, clearing all browsing history would get rid of this info. It is tough to say for certain what they would/could be using.

"If I use Tor or a proxy, I can go there and make a new account. I can intereact with many people but I can not message this one person (who I think is an admin troll) and if I do try I am INSTANTLY logged out every single time. How can that even be?"

My guess is that person is kicking/banning anyone new that contacts them, they could set this up to be automatic. He may use some type of whitelist for people contacting him, if you are not on it, you get kicked for trying. Again this is speculation but I doubt there is any hacking being done, especially if you are using a proxy.

Edited by zingo156, 24 April 2014 - 03:24 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,720 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

We really can't help you evade bans. But administrators of websites have multiple tools at their disposal to manage their site. If you feel you have been dealt with unfairly I suggest you research and find who is ultimately responsible for the site in question. Be that the owner or decision making administrator and contact them via email and appeal your case. We can't help you beyond that in regards to dealing with another site.

If you feel you have been the recipient of malware you can start a new topic in the malware forum. We can and will help you with a malware issue. If you wish to do so. Follow these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 plshalpme

plshalpme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

We really can't help you evade bans. But administrators of websites have multiple tools at their disposal to manage their site. If you feel you have been dealt with unfairly I suggest you research and find who is ultimately responsible for the site in question. Be that the owner or decision making administrator and contact them via email and appeal your case. We can't help you beyond that in regards to dealing with another site.

If you feel you have been the recipient of malware you can start a new topic in the malware forum. We can and will help you with a malware issue. If you wish to do so. Follow these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

I don't want to evade the ban, I don't want anything to do with the website but I do want to know what they have done to my computer to allow them to see my conversations on other sites and post them on their website.
I'd also like to know how they can instantly log me out, when other people do not have that problem. I'd like to know how they ruined my life. I will try that thread.

I will post in that thread thanks.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

I will post in that thread thanks.

After doing that, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users