Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google chrome redirects(canadaal tax and others). what is going on?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ncdrawl

ncdrawl

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

i posted here last week. did not get help for 3 days, posted in the "3 days" forum and was advised to start a new topic. 

here it is

have done multiple scans with malwarebytes anti malware(free)

and adwcleaner. 

it appears to happen randomly, and does not appear to be tied to any google extension.  Please help me with diagnosis and removal. 

w8.1 x64 

google chrome

8G ram

edit it has now affected my search engine preference. instead of going to google, (which is my preference in chrome) it goes to bing.  also..going to this site seems to trigger the redirect(ie if i type bleeping computer in the omni bar and hit enter, i get the redirect to canadaaltax)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

Hi -

Sorry that you were missed last time, as we are still adapting many programs to Win 8.1 -

Try these ideas for now -

Open your browser and disable (uncheck) all extensions. Make a list, then one by one, re-enable each extension to see if the pop-ups start appearing again with that particular extension. Once you identify the responsible extension...permanently remove it but let me know which one it was so I can update our lists.

* How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome
* How To Disable Individual Plug-ins in Google Chrome <- try only if the above does not work
* How to Disable Extensions and Plugins in Firefox - How to Remove Extensions/Uninstall Plugins in Firefox
* How to Disable Extensions in Internet Explorer
* How to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
* How to Disable all add-ons in Firefox, Internet Explorer

If the above did not resolve the problem, then create a new browser user profile.
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Google Chrome
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Firefox
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Hi -

If you do not need any help, I will leave this topic in 2 days.

You will then need to start again, and we do not want that if it can be helped -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users