Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser infected with BeeCoupon?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mainsailmama

Mainsailmama

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

It appears that my browser has been hijacked by Bee Coupons. I have tried to uninstall the program and it won't uninstall. When I type search terms into search bar on Chrome, the path clearly goes through Bee Coupons before taking me to the search listing....after I scroll below the fold through a full page of ads.

I did some basic browser hijack scans on Friday and this worked well for a few days. Today Avast alerted me that I had a severe problem. I ran a full scan, which suggested reboot scan. About 80% of the way through the reboot scan, my computer shut off. It would not turn back on for a while. Finally turned back on and Windows indicated that the start up function was not working, so I ran the suggested start up scan, which found nothing. After turning the computer back off and on, it finally rebooted as normal, although very slow. 

I ran another Avast virus scan and it indicated no threats. However, opening any programs takes forever. 

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Laz423

Laz423

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

There is a BIG difference between a virus, trojan or adware.  You have adware which Avast will not clean out.  Download Revo Uninstaller from Bleeping, find Bee Coupons and remove it that way.

#3 Laz423

Laz423

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

There is a BIG difference between a virus, trojan or adware.  You have adware which Avast will not clean out.  Download Revo Uninstaller from Bleeping, find Bee Coupons and remove it that way.

Also download and run Adware Cleaner, also on Bleeping.  That will fix it, you can also download and run Junk Ware Removal tool from same.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Yes, it is adware run these first to remove adware..
Just posting these instructions to make it easier.

ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
  • -- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users