Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB mouse randomly stops working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MikeChoo

MikeChoo

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

I have a Lenovo x130 with 3 USB ports on it. My USB mouse will work but inconsistently. I swapped with another and had the same issue after some time. Touchpad works fine. Also, all 3 ports will recognize my flash drive. Anyways I went into device manager and devices and printers and found no conflicts. Went ahead and checked for driver updates. Check bios to confirm USB ports were on. I would venture to say this May be a chipset/USB driver issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

I had a similar problem....I use Firefox, and found that one of the add ons wasn't playing nice with the others....i disabled all of them and reintroduced them one at a time. The 'Logitech smooth scrolling" was the culprit in my case.

If this had not worked, I would have reset the browser.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

This will at least eliminate the possibility.

Watch your 'hard drive light'....is there hard drive activity occurring when the mouse stops moving?   this would indicate some service/process working somewhere that is taking the focus away from your mouse.

Hope this helps.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

I would go into Device Manager...uninstall the mouse drivers...reboot the system.

Damaged drivers are not necessarily reflected when looking at Device Manager.

Louis

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

make and model of mouse?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users