Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

$3500 Water-cooled Gaming PC

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Spencermlb

Spencermlb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

I want to start my PC Gaming experience with a bang, and make this the best computer I can buy!
I've built computers before, and I know my way around water cooling, and cooling loops, but I've never built something with this much money, always been in the $1000 range or so. I need your guys help!

My budget for the new computer is: No more than $3750

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?
I will use this for gaming, and overclocking to its highest potential

What software do you intend on using on the computer? Windows 8? I don't really understand the question

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? The Division, Battlefield 4, Star Citizen, DayZ, basically graphics heavy games. I want to max games and get great FPS

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? No

I also want:
- Water-Cooling loop, preferably to the CPU and GPU
- Dual SLI Graphics Cards
- A lot of RAM and Hard Drive space
- Silent
- Being able to completely max out games. I will be using this computer for a couple years, so it will be playing the graphics heavy games releasing in the future, so I would like to max those out too.
- I would prefer ASUS, EVGA, GIGABYTE, but don't kill yourself if you can't use those
- Make it the best it can be!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

How long do you plan on keeping this machine before it is replaced?

How much hard drive space are you looking for?

How large of a case are you willing to go with?

Do you need a monitor?

If you haven't done SLI or Crossfire before you might want to pony up for a Titan.  If you feel the need for more power later you can pick up a second one after the price drops.

#3 Spencermlb

Spencermlb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

How long do you plan on keeping this machine before it is replaced?

How much hard drive space are you looking for?

How large of a case are you willing to go with?

Do you need a monitor?

If you haven't done SLI or Crossfire before you might want to pony up for a Titan.  If you feel the need for more power later you can pick up a second one after the price drops.

I will keep this for probably a year or two, probably two. I do not need a monitor, and I haven't done SLI before, I'm just trying to go for straight graphical power.

Edited by Spencermlb, 23 April 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#4 Dalek Sec

Dalek Sec

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

3700 dolla? You'll get a really nice system for that amount of money. I can recomend some stuff that makes me drool you might like. Lets start with the motherboars the best for OC I think is Asus. Running 2 SSD in raid 0 for the OS would be nice. Eatx case would give you lots of room if you start stacking your GPU's in SLI. Having really high frequency ram at I'd say 16gb is wonderbar, 8GB right now id the sweet spot.  Storage  you can get 600gb raptors they run at 10,000 rpm the prices have come down since SSD is the new fastest. I would also say that getting 2nd best as far as hardware is concerned is better than "the best" because of price and software that dosent know what to do with it. Thats all of my 2 cents. Post aa picture of it when you have it all together.   :bananas:

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Something I put together.  Coming it at $3,158 it gives you a little room to add or subtract.  I didn't go with the Titan because it put it over the topic title of $3,500.  With the extra money you can toss in a few more 4TB drives or go for the Titan.  16GB RAM should be sufficient.  I'm running 32GB, but don't even use 16GB that while I'm playing WoW, watching a DVD, and ripping a DVD at the same time with Firefox and iTunes idling along in the back ground.

Edited by RKilroy, 23 April 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#6 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

maybe a gigabyte sniper mobo or maybe the asus rog or rampage series. the new nvidia 880s will be out soon, would a titan get outvoted by the 780ti SLI? . triple 27" benq monitors with the 120 _hz + scanners and up for super sick frames/second. i do like the i-7 hexacore 39xxk cpus. i think after around 80 frames/second, the human body can't be responsive to any performance gains.  would bf4 be the benchmark game to truly test the latest hardware?

if you don't recoil at amd gpus, i think the r9 295x release is just around the corner.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#7 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hi, RKilroy's build is pretty epic although may be since your looking straight graphical power, i'd tune down CPU to something like the 3930K or even to a quad core LGA2011 CPU, so you could add in another 780TI. Also what resolution will you be gaming at?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#8 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

i remember 256gb RAMdisks from a few years ago, are they much faster than the 512gb intel ssds?

#9 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

A RAM disk will be faster than an SSD, but the major drawback is that you lose everything on it when you lose power.

#10 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

so, if a RAM disk gets implemented, add on another $300 or so for a 1000 watt uninterruptible power source (battery)

i was reading about the new 32 inch 4k displays also. a nice add-on it  looks like

Edited by synergy513, 24 April 2014 - 01:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users