Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Migration from two email clients to Outlook 2011 for Mac

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Willnerd

Thomas Willnerd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

I have two separate email id's and run them in diferent email clients as well (Mozilla Thunderbird and Apple Mail). Now recently I have bought Office 2011 for Mac and need to use Outlook 2011 for Mac. I want to transfer the email accounts from both the clients in Outlook 2011 for mac and I am unaware on how to do this migration process. 

I have read and followed some methoads explained online but in my case they were not useful. Please suggest some alternative and direct method as I am new to Microsoft application.

Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 A-Parker

A-Parker

• Banned Spammer
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

First sign in with one account in Outlook 2011 and let all the emails and mail folders sync (download).

Then go to account settings and you can add another account (your other account) and similarly wait for the sync process to complete.

This process may be a little long and tiring but is a success for sure.

The other way around is to use third party tools capable of converting email file format from one to the other. 

One email converter capable of converting emails from several email clients to Windows outlook format is: 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mail-exporter-pro/id675131616?mt=12

This application converts emails data from various email clients such as apple mail and thunderbird as per your requirement.

NOTE: these application tools are not free but the work span is much less than that of the explained above.

Thanks and I hope this info will help you.

#3 adamgorge

adamgorge

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

To export the files from Thunderbird to an .mbox file on your Desktop, then import them into Outlook 2011

1.       Click File, and then click Import.

2.       Click to select Contacts or messages from a text file, and then click the right arrow to continue.

3.       Click to select Import Contacts from a tab (CSV) or Import messages from an MBOX- format text file, and then click the right arrow to continue.

4.       Locate the file, select the file, and then click Import.

5.       Click OK.

For apple mail to outlook 2011 conversion, Please check this software on Cnet: http://download.cnet.com/Stellar-Apple-Mail-to-Outlook-2011-Converter/3000-2369_4-75871612.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users