Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype Click to call

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget2014

Bridget2014

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

The click to call feature stopped working on my Dell XP, using Chrome, and will not work on any other browser either. When I DL it, and hit run, it gives me a Win32 error, and won't install. I use it paired with Votebuilder website for making political calls, and it is soo much faster. I hope to buy a new(er) computer, but not sure when I'll have the money, and am hoping you can possibly get me running click to call on this old jalopy!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Try a complete uninstall and reinstall. Go to the link below. Once on that page click on the link for Complete Uninstall.

To completely uninstall and reinstall Skype for Windows desktop 

I did a brief search to find out if XP no longer supports the click to call feature.....did not find anything mentioning that.

If the complete uninstall....not just a simple uninstall...and reinstall doesn't work, then you might want to try an older version. Especially

if the problem occurred right after updating Skype.

03 October, 2013
(7 months ago)
31.04 MB

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Try a complete uninstall and reinstall. Go to the link below. Once on that page click on the link for Complete Uninstall.

I've found Skype for Desktop tricky to install myself, even on Windows 8. Had to use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the app in Advanced Mode, even then, Skype's installer would crash. Ended up having to hunt down everything related to Skype, which included some left behind folders in the "C" drive, only after all traces of the app were uninstalled, I could then install the new version.

Which is why I now only upgrade it once a year & leave it. It's not like I use it that much anyway, personally I like the GMail phone better, I can makes calls throughout the US & Canada 100% Free of charge from my GMail email inbox.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users