Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN blocked my email account!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noz03

noz03

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I am currently travelling and I guess because I logged in from a different country they decided to suspend my account... I filled out the form giving them as much information about the account as I possibly could but they said the information wasn't enough... And their only suggestion to me is to fill it out again which obviously won't make any difference... There is no contact email or anything to contact them on otherwise I'm sure I can prove that the account is mine.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get my account back? I have had this email for over 10 years and it has a lot of very important information on it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

I am currently travelling and I guess because I logged in from a different country they decided to suspend my account... I filled out the form giving them as much information about the account as I possibly could but they said the information wasn't enough... And their only suggestion to me is to fill it out again which obviously won't make any difference... There is no contact email or anything to contact them on otherwise I'm sure I can prove that the account is mine.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get my account back? I have had this email for over 10 years and it has a lot of very important information on it!

Is it a paid account? If so, then this might help:

http://gethuman.com/phone-number/MSN/

I have no clue if that number is still valid or not, but you never know.

#3 noz03

noz03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

No it's a free account. Still I believe MSN need to give more respect to it's users... I trusted them and if I don't get this account back I will lose information that is priceless to me. And all this is just because I logged in from a different country.... I don;t think I need to say how angry I am right now.

Anyone have any idea?

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

With a free account, you are likely stuck doing the form approach that they directed you to unless someone else has a brilliant idea. Sorry that I cannot help more.

While it does not help you at this point, so it is more for future reference…it is situations like this why I use an email client (such as Outlook on Windows or Apple Mail on my Macs) to deal with my email. An email client, unlike a browser webmail interface, will physically download the messages to your computer. So, if you ever lose your ability to log into your account by way of a browser, you still have all your messages saved. And with an IMAP email account, you get the best of both worlds…you can have a copy on your computer (that you can copy to local storage if you want) but can still access it by way of a browser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users