Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whatsapp and BBM for ipad mini

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Brain_Freezer

Brain_Freezer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Hello please I just bought an ipad mini, and I've been searching for whatsapp and bbm on the AppStore but still no luck. I can't find it. Searched on Google still no luck in downloading or finding the apps on any website. So please if you have any idea on a straightforward method on how I can download whatsapp and bbm on my ipad mini without and jailbreaking or any long process I'll really appreciate. Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 22 April 2014 - 04:35 PM.
Moved from Android OS to IOS - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Hello please I just bought an ipad mini, and I've been searching for whatsapp and bbm on the AppStore but still no luck. I can't find it. Searched on Google still no luck in downloading or finding the apps on any website. So please if you have any idea on a straightforward method on how I can download whatsapp and bbm on my ipad mini without and jailbreaking or any long process I'll really appreciate. Thank you

BBM

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bbm/id690046600?mt=8

WhatsApp

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whatsapp-messenger/id310633997?mt=8

#3 Brain_Freezer

Brain_Freezer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

Hey bc advisor I really much appreciate ur effort. But those links are of no good. They both redirect me to the AppStore.
The bbm app opens but I can't download it. It just shows me a stop icon. And wen I click on it it shows a cloud Icon after I click on that then it just keeps on showing a circle rotating. I've waited for about an hour still no sign of it download so I just closed it. While the whatsapp link redirects me to the AppStore but all I see there is just a white black box nothing else. A please any other link of which I can download whatsapp and bbm???

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hey bc advisor I really much appreciate ur effort. But those links are of no good. They both redirect me to the AppStore.
The bbm app opens but I can't download it. It just shows me a stop icon. And wen I click on it it shows a cloud Icon after I click on that then it just keeps on showing a circle rotating. I've waited for about an hour still no sign of it download so I just closed it. While the whatsapp link redirects me to the AppStore but all I see there is just a white black box nothing else. A please any other link of which I can download whatsapp and bbm???

Both should re-direct you to appropriate app in the App Store as there is no other way to get apps on an iPad (unless you jailbreak it).

Sounds like some sort of issue with the iPad Mini or the App Store. Have you tried rebooting the iPad?

Edited by smax013, 22 April 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

Hi Brain_Freezer

Have You tried it via their homepage?

http://www.whatsapp.com/download/

And BBM Via here

http://us.blackberry.com/bbm.html

BBM for Android and
iPhone is here for free
BBM™ is the best way to connect and share instant messages, pictures and more for free, in real time. Download the app today.

And if that still doesn't work for You I would take your to iPad Mini to an apple store. They are helpful. I suggest setting up an appointment ahead of the visit. I have three near me for example.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

<p>
Hi Brain_Freezer
Have You tried it via their homepage?
http://www.whatsapp.com/download/

Take WhatsApp with you
Visit this page on your mobile phone to install.

And BBM Via here
http://us.blackberry.com/bbm.html

BBM for Android and
iPhone is here for free
BBM is the best way to connect and share instant messages, pictures and more for free, in real time. Download the app today.

google-play-btn.png.original.png
Get BBM support for Android

apple-store-btn.png.original.png
Get BBM support for iPhone

And if that still doesn't work for You I would take your to iPad Mini to an apple store. They are helpful. I suggest setting up an appointment ahead of the visit. I have three near me for example.

Good Luck
Roger

Those links will just lead back to the App Store, same as the links I provided.

On an iOS device, unless it is jailbroken, the ONLY place to download & install apps from is the Apple App Store.

#7 lawton49

lawton49

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

Hi Brain_Freezer 

Not certain but I believe these apps are not for tablets just cellphones.

Hope this helps

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hi Brain_Freezer 

Hope this helps

Even if an app is labeled as "iPhone only", it will still run on an iPad. "iPhone only" means that the "screen" of the app is set to the dimensions of an iPhone. So, when you run it on an iPad, the screen "image" of the app will only occupy the same amount of space on the iPad's screen as the size of an iPhone, meaning just the middle portion of the screen with a lot of empty black space around it. There is then a "2x" mode that you can engage that will "zoom" the app's screen to fit the entire screen of the iPad, but it will look like crap because it is effectively just zooming in on the normal size screen image, which does not have the resolution to look good when filling up the iPad screen.

Edited by smax013, 27 April 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#9 lawton49

lawton49

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hi Brain_Freezer 

Hope this helps

Even if an app is labeled as "iPhone only", it will still run on an iPad. "iPhone only" means that the "screen" of the app is set to the dimensions of an iPhone. So, when you run it on an iPad, the screen "image" of the app will only occupy the same amount of space on the iPad's screen as the size of an iPhone, meaning just the middle portion of the screen with a lot of empty black space around it. There is then a "2x" mode that you can engage that will "zoom" the app's screen to fit the entire screen of the iPad, but it will look like crap because it is effectively just zooming in on the normal size screen image, which does not have the resolution to look good when filling up the iPad screen.

Hi.smax013,

What I was trying to highlight is that these apps are not available to download from the App Store for ipad.

Therefore there is probably nothing wrong with Brain_Freezer's ipad mini..

Also if it was possible to somehow install Whatsapp on an ipad mini a live cellphone number is required to use the App

I hope this helps Brain_Freezer

#10 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hi.smax013,
What I was trying to highlight is that these apps are not available to download from the App Store for ipad.
Therefore there is probably nothing wrong with Brain_Freezer's ipad mini..
Also if it was possible to somehow install Whatsapp on an ipad mini a live cellphone number is required to use the App
I hope this helps Brain_Freezer

You are correct about Whatsapp…I had not fully read the details. The listing in the app store for it does specifically state:

NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices

As such, WhatsApp will not run on an iPad and will not show up in the App Store on an iPad, no matter what you do (except maybe if you bought it and tried to download from your account…I have not tried that as I have no desire or need to "buy" Whatsapp). Since it still only uses your data connection, there is no reason why it could not work on an iPad (or iPod Touch). It seems that they don't yet support them, but might in the future…at least that is the implication from their site:

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone/20950161

You are wrong, however, about BBM not being available from the App Store on an iPad. The iPad App Store automatically filters apps to only show apps that are designed for iPad or designed for use on both iPads or iPhones. By default, it will not show "iPhone only" apps (i.e. app designed just for iPhones). You can, however, adjust the search filter to show any "iPhone only" apps and BBM will show up on an iPad. I am able to find the BBM app and download it on my iPad (I haven't downloaded it as I have no need for it).

#11 lawton49

lawton49

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users