Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes or gets stuck and slow

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HellCrasher

HellCrasher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

hey Bleeping Computer Guys, Hope ya'll are great... cauz you Guys are the best.

ok so i have a problem with my uncle's computer. it's a high performance laptop but suddenly the pc began to freeze and get stuck, you cant move the mouse for a while or when you move it it goes really slow( this also happens when i'm at firefox and the pages gets stuck loading or you have to wait a few minutes). i personally think its a virus, so i scanned it with malwarebytes anti-malware(i wanted to post the log here,but i'm not sure if this is the right section for those logs cauz i dont want to break any rules orso). but i had 11 results of malicious items.. most of them where PUP's i think. i restarted and nothing changed. my friend had bought Tune Up Utility and installed it, and still nothing...      i would surely like you're advice and if something is needed for you to analyze this problem i would like to hear it from you....

with friendly regards,

"The HellCrasher" :mellow: :mellow:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Please download and run speccy:

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.

• Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

• You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

• After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

• Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    p22004369.gif
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
  • You will see the following prompt:
    p22004371.gif
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    p22004372.gif
  • Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
  • Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 HellCrasher

HellCrasher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LoIbpgYHI4v3DxubYtkyx6Y

Thanks for the reply ZIngo156 :)

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

I did not see any obvious issues in speccy. Is there more than 1 anti virus installed? I see the computer might have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, those 2 are ok to use together, if there is another one such as mcaffee or symantec I would remove those.

Remove all external hardware such as usb flash devices and printers. Sometimes these can cause hangs.

Can you give more information as to when the computer hangs? Is it always related to the internet? If you have microsoft security essentials installed and running (little green shield in the start bar near the clock), I would open and run a full scan with that. Also get all of the windows updates.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 HellCrasher

HellCrasher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

!!Dear Zingo156,

there is no other antivirus installed...

hmm .. there also are no printers or usb flash drives on it most of the time orso, i only downloaded speccy to a flash drive to install it on the computer. the wifi adapter was removed by someone because they thought that that may have caused the problem(but that wasn't it)

hmm .. the computer mostly hangs at startup  after the welcome screen.  what i find weird is that it's suddenly fast(reacts fast) and then after that it reacts very slow or gets stuck again... the whole time i'ts that way! hmm i dont know if it always is related to the internet, but even when i'm not on firefox, it reacts fast first, and slow thereafter. it also looks like when i open a map or a application, there it gets stuck too.

hmm i do not know what to say or do anymore.. but i will try running a full scan with MSE and look if there are no windows updates; after that i'll reply back if i found something...          do you think i should try adwCleaner, Rkill, TDSSKiller or combofix if i found nothing? maybe it'll help?..

thanks,

From me... :)

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

You could run adwcleaner, it should not hurt anything. You could also run Rkill and report the results here.

I would avoid combofix or TDSSkiller at the moment. Sometimes removing a rootkit can cause problems. If something shows up on Rkill, someone can help advise you how to remove it.

Sometimes S.M.A.R.T data is incorrect even though speccy says your drive is ok, your hard drive may have a problem or slow sectors. If nothing changes after running adwcleaner, and rkill does not find anything, I will advise you to run MHDD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users