Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely lags/sticky at running any programs or files (Windows 7)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rnesi

rnesi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hi friends,

About a couple weeks ago,I began to experience a laggy/unresponsive/sticky when trying to do basic tasks like drag, deploy menues, select items (ex.: Outlook mails one by one to preview each one), write in MS Word (ex.: write down a word,  laggy between words to display on screen), etc.

My Antivirus (McAfee and Avast) not found anything irregular in full and deep scan mode, same results on startup boot analyzing.

I have noticed something weird is that when I Shutdown takes long time to complete, waits to force the closure of applications but there is no visible.

I have not made ​​recent changes, I have not installed new applications, use only that I have from the beginning (before the problem).

Someone can help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

If you are really running two AV programs, you could start by removing one of them - McAfee can be problematic.

Also scan for malware

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Edited by petewills , 21 April 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#3 rnesi

rnesi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hi Pete,

I understand your point, but the problem began before the second AV, just with McAffee.... i know, the McAfee is a headache but i cant unistall it, is a restrictive policy on my work site.  The second AV is just for my first troubleshooting tasks. :(

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

As suggested already...two installed AV programs are known to cause system issues.  Please uninstall one...then run the chkdsk /r command and see how the system runs.

Louis

#5 rnesi

rnesi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hi Louis,

No problem, i will do this tomorrow and tell you the results after suggested task.

Thanks, be right back as soon as possible...

Ricardo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users