Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White screen right off the bat while Windows loads in the background?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 achamm

achamm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hi all, 

I updated my Nvidia GEForce driver yesterday, and the computer was doing fine. Played SWTOR, shut it off, went to bed.

Then my husband started it up and BAM, nothing but white screen!  So (as he is not techy at all) I told him to not touch it, shut it off, and leave it for me to tinker with.

So here's what I did.

Turned it on, and the same thing happened.  All white screen, and I can hear the computer starting up and logging on through the speakers.  No cursor, just all white screen without any change.

So....I thought it might be the video card.  Took it out, started it up and connected to the other monitor port with an RGB cable, and same thing happened.  So then I hooked up the RGB to TV, and no signal.  Put the video card back in, connected RGB to TV, no signal.  Hooked up RGB cable from my laptop to the TV, and worked fine.

So, I'm not sure what to do next.  I don't think it's the monitor, so suggestions?

I searched and saw stuff about that virus that causes white screen, but it seems to do it after start up....my screen is white/blank from the very second I turn on my computer.

Suggestions?  

Amy

Edited by hamluis, 22 April 2014 - 08:12 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Have you tried safe mode?

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

+1 on Safe Mode!  If you can get in there you may be able to roll the driver back or restore to a day earlier.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users