Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Empty registry files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rockczar

rockczar

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hi, I've been running windows 8.1 and have recently been having problems connecting to any wifi point. When I connect via ethernet, everything is fine. Yet I cannot access any wifi. Someone suggested that it has to do with registry keys, so I installed "Registry Recycler" found over 200 empty registry keys which I removed. I was able to connect via wifi for a short time. When I could not get in with wifi, I ran the recycler again, removed the empty registry keys and was able to use wifi again. This is becoming redundant as I have never had this problem before. Why is this happening and how can it be fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Registry keys many time will not contain information until they are needed, mucking around the registry can be quite dangerous without proper help.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users