Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help with New Malware W32.Mezit!inf

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Scorpion

Doc Scorpion

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

After running a routine viral scan, Norton 360 detected a relatively new virus.  It's called W32.Mezit!inf.  Norton was unable to remove or quarantine the file and said I should remove it manually.  After locating the files it was associated with I was unable to remove it.  Norton Power Eraser was also unable.  Can anyone assist me on removing this file which appears to be a Trojan(I don't know, I'm hardly experienced in these matters)?  Thank you in advance.

Edit*  I am currently running on Windows 7. 

Edited by Doc Scorpion, 21 April 2014 - 01:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

try and run spybot search and destroy, and see what it shows after the scan....for starters anyway

#3 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

http://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors16/

heres the link and then just click mirror one and download this version, i like it better than the newer ones

pick mirror one under the ad free section, not further mirrors

#4 Doc Scorpion

Doc Scorpion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the reply.  It's pretty persistent and has resisted several programs so far.  I'll try it

#5 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

after it scans it will dispplay a list of infections, just hit the fix button, and it will try n clean what it can, but it may not fix all of them so it will pop up a box asking if you want to run spybot at next system startup and when it asks, click yes, then restart comp, and when it turns on, it will scan your comp again and try and fix them again....i hope this helps you out some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users