Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I was sent an email from a site I didn't sign up to showing a password I use!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 happiless

happiless

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

About 5 hours ago, I was checking my emails on my Iphone and found an email on an account I don't use often. 

The email title : Registration on Turbobit.net

I've NEVER heard of this site before! I clicked on it and in the email it says "You have registered in File Sharing Service..."

Your Login: MY EMAIL

Your Password : A PASSWORD I USE FREQUENTLY! (but not the password to the email itsself) 

Ever since reading this email, I've been pretty freaked out and I don't know what to do. The fact that one of my few passwords has been used to sign up to a website I've never heard of/ didn't sign up for.. makes me wonder what other info and other passwords whoever signed up for this has of mine.. I searched the site name and found another person 2 months ago had the same exact problem. He received the same email with his password in the email. 

What steps do I need to take to protect myself? I'm scared of logging into any bank accounts on my computer to change passwords. I feel like doing so, will only give them more information! I don't know whether the password was tracked through my laptop, my desktop (Both Windows 7) or my iphone (if possible). I don't know where to start. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.  :mellow:

Edited by happiless, 20 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users