Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 derloopkat

derloopkat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512565/packardbell-easynote-r3-keyboard-not-functioning/ - Hamluis.

I have exactly the same issue on my PackardBell EasyNote R3. Suddently the keyboad works almost never in Windows. F2 and F8 keys always work on startup and allow me to enter into BIOS or try to change boot order, but then I cannot navigate options using other keys. Also if you press Fn (blue key) it allows to adjust volume, bright and contrast of the screen in Windows. But the other keys and mousepad don't work. I've bought my laptop in 2006.

This afternoon I have created a bootable USB that runs Free DOS. Keyboad also does not work.

An external USB keyboard works okay in Windows and does not work at boot time (same issue than the original laptop keyboad, F2 and F8 work).

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2014 - 05:57 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Welcome,

Are all of your drivers, operating system and security software up to date?

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 derloopkat

derloopkat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I think this post has more to do with what user Packard84 wrote on his post. He might have an idea of what's going on after bringing his laptop to the service. In the other hand, as I mentioned, the keyboad doesn't work even while trying to change settings on the BIOS or using another operative system. So I don't see a relation to drivers or outdated security software. As far as I know, PackardBell never suplied keyboard nor keypad drivers for model EasyNote R3453. I've got the original drivers and the last provided online. In Device Manager I can see the keyboad uses standard Natural PS/2 driver and there are no conflics listed. I'm using Windows XP as originally provided by PackardBell for this computer. Nothing changed recently except for installing MVC 2 and a new service pack for Framework 3.5. I have opened and cleaned the keyboad, but the problem persists.

Attached File  dibujo.JPG   35.95KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users