Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No bootable device found.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 autigerfan

autigerfan

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Evening Partygoers,

Installing a new hdd on a pc and am receiving the error "no bootable device found, Press F1 to retry or F2 to enter setup". The pc does read the hdd. It is a used computer but works perfectly. The boot sequence starts with the hdd but I am thinking that I should have the start up reading the dvd/rom first so that I can install windows?

Thanks in advance for your help.

*The pc is a Dell 620, desktop*

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Coco2014

Coco2014

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Press F2 (I guess, that depends of laptop) then Enter in BIOS, then setup boot sequence : firs dvd rom , then HDD. Press F10 to save the changes and restart.

I like to play soccer games online and i'm using gta 5 cheats for Grand Theft Auto

#3 autigerfan

autigerfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

I was able to solve the problem, you were right about the boot sequence but the issue the cd-rom was under a PATA listing and I also had the pc set to discover a second hdd so when the pc booted it gave the error because it could not find the second hdd.

Thank you for your help CoCo2014

Edited by autigerfan, 24 April 2014 - 06:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users