Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer's Been Hacked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 acidboom2539

acidboom2539

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Ok, I'm pretty sure a virus has infected my laptop, I tried to turn it on today and when I logged on it says that the computer has been locked and I need an admin password, I click on "get password" and it takes me to one of those sites where you have to do a survey to get the download. I can't open task manager or even the start menu to try to get rid of it. The program name is called install.exe which I know is a virus program, i don't know how it got on my computer though. I've been trying to start in safe mode but I can't seem to get it to work. I managed to get around it to open this web browser and hopefully find some help. If I have to do a system restore I would gladly do that but I can't because of the program and I don't think I have a CD or anything to do it. I can't download anything since it says that I don't have permission which I have never had on my laptop. My laptop is a Gateway NV76R series with Windows 8. If anyone can help I would gladly appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users