Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange lag/ping spikes - tried various things to found out the cause.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HairyGairy

HairyGairy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine who isn't the best with computers has a really strange internet problem. Every so often (5 minutes or so, it is really inconsistent) his ping will rise to insane heights and he will be cut off whenever I talk to him on Skype. He was at my house the other day and after hours of gaming the problem didn't occur even once. So we figured it was his internet connection, but his mother's laptop doesn't have the problem at all. He called his internet provider but they didn't really know either. So the problem should, in theory, be between his computer and his particular internet connection. He uses an additional internal network card, so not his mobo. It occurs both on Wifi and LAN.

Personally I'm baffled. I tried resetting his LAN / Wifi adapter within windows 7, it didn't change a thing. He tried his mobo LAN and it still occured there.

If anyone has an idea of what could fix this I would love to hear it. 

Thanks in advance!

Btw, please don't notice the major grammatical error in the title.

Edited by HairyGairy, 20 April 2014 - 02:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HairyGairy

HairyGairy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Bumping for urgency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users