Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 narendemon

narendemon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hi. 

I do not have a router and use a wired internet connection.

I used the virtual router software to start a hotspot from my laptop. everything worked fine. Happy days. !

I bought a new samsung laptop and tried the same. First i had issues starting the virtual router.

then i had to disable and enable my wifi adapter and miniport adapter from "Change adapter settings" everytime i turn on my laptop from hibernate, to make the virtual router to work without any errors.

But even after this i do not get a constant internet connection. I get the wifi hotspot continuously. But i lose the internet connection often. Web pages never seems to load often and after refreshing twice or thrice it loads up.

If i start a download in another wifi device. it downloads continuously. but when i access some apps like whatsapp it never seems to load over this wifi hotspot. its like the apps tht use up less data doesnt get constant internet connection has a lot of hiccups. My own explanation would be tht there are data packet losses over this wifi hotspot. I'm not sure.

But i'm sure that there is no problem with my internet, cause the laptop which i have connected to the internet via ethernet works perfect. no hiccup in the internet. But all the other devices connected via wifi has lots of hiccups.

Buying a router would solve the problem im sure, But i m very much broke financially rite now that buying one is not an option.

Please help me out with this issue. Is there some problem with my Miniport adapter or some other hardware , or is it a software issue.

All my network adapter's drivers are up to date. Checked them in device manager.

Awaiting a solution,

Thanks.. :)

Edited by hamluis, 21 April 2014 - 08:07 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users