Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vimeo - Works in Pale Moon on one computer but not another - What's the cause?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Castle Robin

Castle Robin

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

I have tried numerous times to play Vimeo videos in Pale Moon.

I'm one of two people I know of who use Pale Moon as a browser.  It plays Vimeo videos perfectly in one computer but not mine.  This rules out the browser and draws attention to what must be a setting in my computer.

How do I get Vimeo videos to play in any browser Other than in Internet Explorer?

I've read numerous comments online from people who can't play Vimeo files, both Vimeo and Browser issues, but the results vary as to whether people succeed in the end or not, and the solutions I've followed haven't worked for me personally.

I’ve delved around online to try to find a solution, but all to no avail, including following the suggestions posted to other people to adjust settings in About:Config.  On my computer, all my dom.ipc.plugins settings are set to “True” except for Java.  I briefly changed the Java setting to “True” but the Vimeo playback issue was no different.  For some reason Internet Explorer plays the files fine, so something must be activated in that browser which is inactive in my everyday browser, but I prefer to use any browser but IE for optimum security and have only visited IE temporarily to compare the results of Vimeo.  I don’t want to be reliant upon using IE as a general thing to view Vimeo which I’m keen to revisit, but I don’t know which setting(s) on my computer is/are stopping Vimeo from working to enable them to work through Pale Moon on My computer.

When I click on a file the video first appears as a still, which is correct, as it’s displaying what the video should play. 

I then click on the Play button, a blue horizontal scroll bar moves rapidly from left to right, the video window drops down to the bottom of the screen and the screen turns black.

I then click on HD mode when a now light grey horizontal dotted scroll bar appears instantly followed by a standard horizontal scroll bar gradually moving from left to right.

After that I click on the Play button, a blue horizontal scroll bar appears.

If I start off in HD mode and click on the Play button, a blue scroll bar moves from left to right and the video window drops down to the bottom of the screen before turning black.

Youtube files always play fine, but lately I’ve sometimes had to refresh the page to get them to work.

Here’s a Vimeo file as an example, but unfortunately the same issue applies to any Vimeo files, irrespective of television programme, music, etc:

http://vimeo.com/37553702

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2014 - 11:41 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Just curious, what add ons are installed?

Have You tried FireFox itself? I use it with NoScript and need to allow Vimeo in NoScript to enable video playback from Vimeo.

I should note that I have never felt a need to use a optimized version of FireFox. It works as does Thunderbird. I can have 20+ tabs open some of the time and no problems.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Castle Robin

Castle Robin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Hi Roger

Unfortunately the Vimeo blockage has occurred both before and since installing add-ons which are Adblock Edge, Better Privacy, Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express, Ghostery, No Google Analytics and WOT.

I have tried Firefox in the past, but in more recent times I've tried other browsers, most recently Pale Moon and prefer having a non-Australis 64 bit browser. 

I can rule out my browser, as another user I know has Pale Moon which plays Vimeo videos without problems, so it's something to do with my computer, but I can't place the precise source of the obstruction.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I am not familiar with that browser as a non user, Hopefully You can go in and disable all add-ons, Except Flash.

Could You install FireFox as a test?

You could also try the browser Safe Mode as a test.  Hopefully the same directions will work in Pale Moon.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

How to start Firefox in Safe Mode

At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.... Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.

Or try this

Clicking the Reset Firefox button will restore Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. See Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems for more information about this option.

I do not suspect the computer itself as You say Vimeo works in IE.

Good Luck

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 Castle Robin

Castle Robin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I am not familiar with that browser as a non user, Hopefully You can go in and disable all add-ons, Except Flash.

I'd be very happy to do this, but frustratingly the Vimeo video issue was already around before I installed any add-ons and even before I installed Flash, as I tried to use Vimeo with the default, generic computer settings.  My computer recently needed repair and since its return I got a prompt to install Adobe when I tried to play a Youtube file.

Could You install FireFox as a test?

Thanks for this suggestion, but I'd prefer to only do this as a very last resort, as I have no plans to use Firefox long term, also as uninstalling programs, even with Revo leaves behind several unwanted traces, but more with the standard Windows installer, I normally only install programs I have long-term use for, but like your other suggestions, this is a useful idea and you’re trying to help ascertain the cause and solution of the Vimeo video problems.

You’ve reminded that, prior to my computer being fixed, I and other people I know conducted a survey between us to try to determine the source of the Vimeo video playback issue, which worked when I first installed Pale Moon.  On that basis, it could be Vimeo related, but this still doesn't explain why Pale Moon plays Vimeo on one computer but not another within a short time of one another.

The browsers we tested were Pale Moon, Internet Explorer, Opera (Chrome version), Seadonkey, Cyberfox, Comodo Dragon and Lunascape.  Among the many comments I’ve read online complain that the Vimeo issue only affects Firefox and Firefox based browsers, but this doesn’t explain why one browser (Pale Moon) plays Vimeo on one computer but not another within seconds of one another.   This is why I’m struggling to believe Pale Moon is the cause, but it’s still a very big puzzle.

You could also try the browser Safe Mode as a test.  Hopefully the same directions will work in Pale Moon.

This is another useful idea, but the problem also exists in Safe Mode.  It's very puzzling.   I've also done a browser reset before, but sadly no change.

I do not suspect the computer itself as You say Vimeo works in IE.

I agree, but what is rather strange is how two different computers using the same browser within a short time of one another on repeated occasions have different results - mine not working in Pale Moon, the other having success.  Dailymotion and Youtube have never had any ongoing or long-term problems, but Youtube can be ‘sticky', eg requiring a refresh before it works.  That must be a Youtube issue, but Vimeo is the only site that doesn’t work on this computer.

#6 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

If I may ask, does the other computer also have Pale Moon-(x64) installed or is it the 32-bit version installed?
What happens if, instead of clicking the play button, you right-click on that video at Vimeo?  Does the standard Flash context menu pop up?

Would you please go to this Bleeping Computer thread:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Cat - Photo Albums, Images, and Videos and right click on the video in post #1.
Does the usual Adobe Flash context menu pop up or does a different menu pop up?  Do you have problems playing the video?

What I'm trying to find out is, if your Pale Moon is seeing these two videos as Flash or HTML5.

Both WaterFox(64-bit version of Firefox) and Pale Moon-(x64) have been having problems playing videos.  At least more so than the 32-bit versions.  From what I've been able to find so far, it has to do with various video drivers on 64-bit machines.

I didn't have any problems with the Vimeo video using the 32-bit version of Pale Moon on Windows 7 (x64).

I think rotor123's suggestion of installing Firefox would work because it's a 32-bit browser.  Since you're hesitant to install Firefox, how about the 32-bit version of Pale Moon?

#7 Castle Robin

Castle Robin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

If I may ask, does the other computer also have Pale Moon-(x64) installed or is it the 32-bit version installed?

It has the same as mine, Pale Moon x64.

What happens if, instead of clicking the play button, you right-click on that video at Vimeo?  Does the standard Flash context menu pop up?

No.  Here is what appears:

About the HTML5 Player

Would you please go to this Bleeping Computer thread:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Cat - Photo Albums, Images, and Videos and right click on the video in post #1.

OK.

Does the usual Adobe Flash context menu pop up or does a different menu pop up?

If you mean the buttons at the bottom below the videos, from left to right are “Watch Later”, “Settings”, “Small player” and “Full Screen”.

Do you have problems playing the video?

Unfortunately yes.  When I click on the Play button there is a one second pause then the video window turns into 12 images (4 per row).  This is on a par with Vimeo files whose video screen also displays a still photo at first, but the video window then turns black and drops the window down.

What I'm trying to find out is, if your Pale Moon is seeing these two videos as Flash or HTML5.

I can’t account for the second video with cats, cars and a helicopter, as it’s automated, if this is the one you mean, as I can only see one video that requires interaction to play, but the first Cat video is confirmed as an HTML5 file. 

This is intriguing.  I then clicked on the “You Tube” option on the bottom right of the same video window which subsequently opened up the Cat video, but this time it’s played. 

In this instance, the following appears when I right click on the video:

Settings
Global Settings
About Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.182

Comparing the statistics between the video within the forum page and the same video directly at the Youtube link, it's HTML5 which is causing an obstruction for some reason, so this must be incompatible with certain drivers on computers, as the video plays fine with the Adobe Flash Player. :)

Vimeo uses HTML5 only:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Vimeo+html5

Both WaterFox(64-bit version of Firefox) and Pale Moon-(x64) have been having problems playing videos.  At least more so than the 32-bit versions.  From what I've been able to find so far, it has to do with various video drivers on 64-bit machines.

As 32 bit computers will eventually be phased out, I hope that all video drivers will eventually become compatible with Youtube and Vimeo videos, as otherwise multiple browsers will be required, one for main usage, the other specifically for these files.

I didn't have any problems with the Vimeo video using the 32-bit version of Pale Moon on Windows 7 (x64).

This is very reassuring and gives me hope that it’s just a matter of time before my computer can play the blocked files. :)

I think rotor123's suggestion of installing Firefox would work because it's a 32-bit browser.  Since you're hesitant to install Firefox, how about the 32-bit version of Pale Moon?

Will do, but can I check with you first if I should uninstall or retain Pale Moon 64 bit browser before installing their 32 bit browser version?

I’m not sure if two versions of the same browser would clash or if they’d be compatible.  If the latter, and all going well that Pale Moon 32 bit will play the Vimeo and affected Youtube files successfully on my computer, I’ll retain both versions.

PS: Is it safer to have Microsoft Silverlight uninstalled?  I gather it will eventually be replaced by HTML5 but I've read some reports that it's a virus or prone to being attacked.

Edited by Castle Robin, 21 April 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#8 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

You do not need to un-install Pale Moon-(x64), you can have both installed at the same time.  But you do not want to run them both at the same time(concurrently) as they both use the same profile.  If you want to un-install one later, do not use Revo.  You might end up wiping out your Pale Moon profile.  Revo(the free version) wouldn't un-install Pale Moon-(x64) properly, if at all.

Before you install Pale Moon-(x86), try going to the YouTube - HTML5 page and setting HTML5 as the default for playing videos.  I realize it doesn't seem to make sense, but it worked for me.

If selecting HTML5 causes more problems(shouldn't), go back to that same YouTube page and switch back to the "default Player".  Before you do though, try closing the browser(s) and re-booting the computer.

If it still doesn't work after a re-boot, then try installing Pale Moon-(x86). Make sure to visit the YouTube-HTML5 page and that HTML5 is selected for playback.

If you mean the buttons at the bottom below the videos, from left to right are “Watch Later”, “Settings”, “Small player” and “Full Screen”.

That's the player dashboard, not what I was talking about.  The "About the HTML5 Player" is what I was looking for.

Unfortunately yes.  When I click on the Play button there is a one second pause then the video window turns into 12 images (4 per row).  This is on a par with Vimeo files whose video screen also displays a still photo at first, but the video window then turns black and drops the window down.

That's because both the "X-Men Origins Wolverine Cat" video and the Vimeo video are HTML5.  And at that time you had the "Shockwave Flash player"(Adobe Flash player) set as the default video player.

I can’t account for the second video with cats, cars and a helicopter, as it’s automated, if this is the one you mean, as I can only see one video that requires interaction to play, but the first Cat video is confirmed as an HTML5 file.

Not the one I meant, that is a ".gif" image and doesn't require a video player.

This is intriguing.  I then clicked on the “You Tube” option on the bottom right of the same video window which subsequently opened up the Cat video, but this time it’s played.

Right, when visiting YouTube, if you haven't requested HTML5 for video playback then YouTube will default(fall back) to the Flash version.

I can't answer your Silverlight question, no experience with it.  I've only come across a few sites the require it and I've elected not to install it.  Microsoft, naturally requires it on some pages and I bumped into it on an IRS page a couple of years ago.

Keep us informed of progress, no bad news please. :)  Just kidding, let us know how it goes.

Edited by FlannelBack, 21 April 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#9 Castle Robin

Castle Robin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for your suggestions.

Before you install Pale Moon-(x86), try going to the YouTube - HTML5 page and setting HTML5 as the default for playing videos. 

Upon viewing the HTML5 page it says "The default player is currently used", which must be the Flash Player.

The only option I have available is to Request the HTML5 player, which then reverts the original message to "The HTML5 player is currently used when possible".  I've tried this and the result is puzzlingly no different from before.

If selecting HTML5 causes more problems(shouldn't), go back to that same YouTube page and switch back to the "default Player".  Before you do though, try closing the browser(s) and re-booting the computer.

Again, more problems from HTML5, which my computer doesn’t like for some reason.  I closed the browser and rebooted my computer, as suggested, but HTML5 doesn’t work so I’ve had to revert to the Default Player, which is fine except that I would very much like to make use of the HTML5 facility where available, but am unsure why my computer refuses to play videos in that format.

That's the player dashboard, not what I was talking about.  The "About the HTML5 Player" is what I was looking for.

I didn’t realise, as I was looking for two videos:

That's because both the "X-Men Origins Wolverine Cat" video and the Vimeo video are HTML5.  And at that time you had the "Shockwave Flash player"(Adobe Flash player) set as the default video player.Not the one I meant, that is a ".gif" image and doesn't require a video player.

As I thought.  Strangely, the X-Men Origins Wolverine Cat link automatically appeared in my bookmarks, even though I hadn’t saved it.  I hope it’s not a virus getting in automatically changing my settings, but the footage of the Cat is a lot of fun to watch.

Right, when visiting YouTube, if you haven't requested HTML5 for video playback then YouTube will default(fall back) to the Flash version.

I’ve had to revert back to Flash, as I sadly can’t get HTML5 to work.

“You don’t have sufficient space to install to this location” suddenly appeared after I saw the Destination Folder.  I then backspaced then went through this again followed by the rest of the installation and it installed successfully.  The wizard then asked me if I’d like Pale Moon to be my default browser.  As I wasn’t sure if this meant, generally speaking, or specifically the 32 bit version, I let it continue, but as it’s possible to have two versions of Pale Moon, but not running concurrently, this presumably also means that, if the 32 bit version has accidentally been set as the Default browser, the setting could be changed to revert it back to the 64 bit version.  The logos look identical, but on my computer, the icon on the right-hand side is the 32 bit version.  That’s the good news.

The bad news is that, since installing the 32 bit version, for some reason, even that version of Pale Moon won’t play any Vimeo files.  Like with 64 bit, I’ve tried several Vimeo videos in the 32 bit version, including the example one from before.  Regrettably no change.  Here’s another which is also affected:

http://vimeo.com/67773718

The blockage must be something to do with My computer, but as both versions of the browser won’t play any Vimeo files, I’m completely stumped as to exactly what in my computer is obstructing Vimeo from playing and what the answer is.  In comparison, Youtube is playing perfectly in the 32 bit version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLex5nlmcY

So far, no requirements to refresh any pages in the 32 bit version, which could be a Youtube glitch with some fils, rather than drivers, but as to Vimeo, who knows why this is being so stubborn on My computer.  As the obstruction has occurred in both browser versions before I installed any add-ons, I can rule out add-ons as the cause, but exactly which setting(s) in my computer need adjusting remains a complete mystery.  I wish I had better news, as I was so hoping the 32 bit version would resolve the problem, but whatever the source of the blockage, it's totally outfoxed me.

For now, I’ll retain both versions of Pale Moon.  I have the free trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro, but if I delete one of the Pale Moon installations in due course, for the useful reasons you gave, I’ll use the standard installer just for one version.

Edited by Castle Robin, 23 April 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#10 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

I'm beginning to think your Pale Moon-(x64) profile has been altered/corrupted and since Pale Moon-(x86) shares the same profile, it has adopted that alteration/corruption.

There are a couple things you can try:
( 1 ) Reset Pale Moon to its default state. See: Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems | Firefox Help

• Be sure to read the, "What does the reset feature do?", section carefully before you begin.
  • Using Pale Moon-(x64), Click "Help"
  • From the menu, select "Troubleshooting Information"
  • In the upper-left corner of the "Troubleshooting Information" page, click the "Reset Pale Moon..." button.

Once you have completed the "Reset Pale Moon..." procedure, visit the "YouTube-HTML5" page again and try the request HTML5 when available option.  Then try your "Pearls" and "Pink Floyd" videos.

( 2 ) Try using the Pale Moon - portable version.

BTW, those two videos played fine for me with HTML5.  I think pretty much everyone has had to refresh a YouTube page on occasion.

#11 Castle Robin

Castle Robin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for your suggestions again, which I've followed, like before, but unfortunately absolutely no luck.  That is, in Pale Moon.

http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-portable.shtml

The creator recommends not to use the Portable version, if Desktop usage is required.  I use my computer for Desktop usage so this won't be applicable to me, and although an excellent suggestion, as the two Desktop versions haven't worked, I'm sadly doubtful the Portable version would make any difference.

Could the contents of this program later be deleted from a memory stick?

Good news of a sort, but not with Pale Moon:

I have tested the Wolverine Cat link (HTML5), Pink Floyd (Vimeo - HTML5) and The Pearls (Flash) videos and all three play perfectly in Internet Explorer, together with a wider screen for The Pearls which I wouldn't mind for Pale Moon.

Having said that, I much prefer Pale Moon as my browser, due to Internet Explorer being much more prone to attacks than alternative browsers, but wish I knew why Pale Moon 64 bit initially played the HTML5 files when I first installed it and why both versions of Pale Moon (32 bit never to date) won't play the HTML5 files upon resetting the 64 bit browser.  I have even tried other options too like resetting the 32 bit browser afterwards and re-installing add-ons on just the 64 bit version, to think of anything extra to resolve the ongoing obstruction, but with or without add-ons, resetting one browser only or both browsers, the result is sadly the same.

I had thought that there must be some component in Internet Explorer that isn't in Pale Moon, but that can't be right, as you use Pale Moon 32 bit and HTML5 plays fine on Your computer.

Edited by Castle Robin, 24 April 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#12 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

I've been trying to duplicate your symptoms in a newly created Pale Moon profile, similar to a clean install.  Think your right about any benefit in using the portable version.

That said it won't harm anything to try and yes you can delete it from a memory stick.  Be sure though, to follow the "How do I use this?" instructions.  Especially step number 3:

"Run palemoon-portable.exe (not palemoon.exe) in the location you unpacked to"

The portable version is not a long term solution to use for a web browser compared to the standard version(s) when it comes to a desk top computer.  Moonchild(aka M.C. Straver, Pale Moon developer) has suggested it as an alternative short term option in at least one case.  I wanted you to try it to see if we could use it as a tool to help pinpoint the problem.  There is still a slim chance that it could.

Going to repeat rotor123's request, can you post a list of the add-on(s)/extension(s) installed and a list of the plugins installed?

I apologize for having you reset your profile.  After reading your "Bing Search" thread plus the HTML5 problem, I thought the profile had been corrupted.  Once I created the new profile I found that probably wasn't the case.

#13 Castle Robin

Castle Robin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

I've tried Pale Moon Portable (32 bit version) in the end, as if any version is going to play videos correctly, it will be that version.

Sadly, once again, no change after installing Portable in drive G.  It's baffling as to exactly what is bringing up Bing searches and why HTML5 videos including Vimeo, which now uses HTML5, don't work at all on This computer, even though Vimeo did work temporarily earlier this year. 

Here are the Extensions that I have installed, two more from before, of which one is needed just to download and play Vimeo files, which only play after I've downloaded them, but as Vimeo holds a multitude of videos, it would be impractical and time consuming to download all of them, which is why I wish this computer would resume playing Vimeo videos, like I did when I first installed Pale Moon:

Adblock Edge

Better Privacy

Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express

Ghostery

No Google Analytics

Video Download Helper

WOT

YouTube ALL HTML5

The last add-on on this list has the same problem as other means of trying to play HTML5.

"Disable Flash on YouTube"
USe this is you want to keep Flash enabled but use the HTML5 Player on YouTube.

Originally this function worked, but as the blockage was already around before I re-installed this add-on, it doesn't come from there, but where the source of the problem does come from remains a mystery.

My Plugins are:

Shockwave Flash
Silverlight Plug-In
VLC Web Plugin

No problem that you asked me to reset my profile.  You're just thinking of potential ideas, which would normally fix problems on most computers, but for some reason mine is being stubborn.

I don't know if Plugins can be removed without disabling the programs they relate to, but I'll leave everything intact as above unless you recommend otherwise to help narrow down to what is blocking HTML5 videos.

#14 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Try disabling the "VLC Web Plugin" and then restart Pale Moon:

• Click the "Pale Moon" menu button:
  • Select "Add-ons" from the right-side menu pane
  • The "Add-ons Manager" tab opens, select the "Plugins" tab, bottom of the list in the left column
  • Select the "VLC Web Plugin"
  • On the right is a drop down menu, select "Never Activate"
  • Close the "Add-ons Manager" tab

Just to be sure, close Pale Moon and then re-launch.  If nothing changes, you can always re-enable the plugin.

Since the "YouTube ALL HTML5" add-on/extension is having no effect one way or the other, I would un-install it.

It is possible that your security application(Avast?) is in some way blocking HTML5.

Think you should reconsider rotor123's suggestion of installing Firefox, its a viable one.  Try one of the older versions, v24-v28.  Firefox v24 is an ESR(Extended Support Release) version.  Versions 25-28 are not. Version 29 is due to be released April 29th and it will be the full fledged Australis version.  If you install Firefox v24, you could at least determine if the problem is strictly with Pale Moon or not.  Which is what rotor123 was wanting you to do.  The other reason for trying v24, its the Gecko engine that Pale Moon is currently based on.

Some people have better luck with YouTube if they use "http" instead of "https".  But Vimeo is "http" by default.

Some how I missed that at one time HTML5 was working in Pale Moon on your computer.  Was that before the repairs?  Or did HTML5 work for a while after the repairs?  You may need to head back to the repair shop, depending...

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas, maybe someone else can help, or you could try in the Pale Moon forums.

Oh, Pale Moon v24.5.0 was released today.  Under the hood enhancements/fixes and the like.  After all this trouble though, you may not be interested.  Wouldn't blame you.

#15 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hmm.... Is there anything in Your pale moon installation that you would hate to lose?

If not have You tried uninstalling it. Making sure all remnants are gone?

Then installing to a different location.

When You download the videos are they in MP4 format?

I also notice You have two different Video Downloaders installed.

Have You tried disabling all Add-Ons and Plugins?

I have no trouble on two computers Playing Vimeo videos. However I use FireFox for that.

Is there any chance Your AntiVirus or Antimalware could be blocking Vimeo?

Have You tried or would You try "Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition" ?

I just ran the portable Firefox and it played the Vimeo Videos I used to test it. No Problem. I downloaded it and installed it to a external drive. Once it is one the external drive it is ready to be used wherever I take the drive. The Install is not the same as a regular install. It just sets it up to run from wherever You put it.

On the Off chance, have You scanned for Viruses and run something such as MalwareBytes Free?

Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users