Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Satellite L650 Technical Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 galimborpt

galimborpt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

Hello there,

I have quite a problem with my Laptop Satellite L650-1EQ. A few days ago my Laptop was overheating quite often , i would start playing a video-game and the computer could actually go off after 10 minutes of playing it. I realized that this was getting serious so i stopped using my computer to play games and I decided that i needed  to clean it . However i was searching online on how to properly clean my computer and then my screen suddenly goes white, no images, completely white ! I didn't knew what happened and I was quite scared .. I turned the computer off. Next day I turned the computer on too see if it was working  , and the computer screen turned fully black , there was no image again , however the power light of the laptop would turn on and i would hear the vents working . I turned off the computer and tried to start it again and the computer started fine , the image appeared and the problems were gone.The computer was now working without  any problems. But i knew that the computer had to problem related to the overheating events probably so I took the laptop to computer repair technician . I told him what happened . He used the vacuum cleaner to "clean" the dust from the computer and told me to come back there if the computer kept overheating . I started the computer again when i arrived home , and after like an hour and half the computer screen goes white again however i don't think it overheated because the computer wasn't  really hot.. :s 

I tried to start the computer again and the screen is black , no image, the only light on is the power one and I hear the vents working. I tried to turned it off and on but now it just stays like it is now.. I searched for solutions for this problem and saw some  like taking the battery off and pressing the power button for 2 minutes and some other things but nothing worked out.. I believe it has something to do with the hardware of the computer but I know nothing about it so i could really use some help about what should I do next ! If you have any clue of what it is and have solutions please tell me :s I really can't afford to buy another PC

Please help me out , thank you ! 

PS : I'm sorry about my English , i know it's not the best ! I didn't really knew where i should post this problem but since i think is related to hardware I posted it here. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Overheating is a serious issue with laptops.  Besides removing the cover and doing a vacuum job on the heatsinks, vents and fan, some dust and dirt can get wedged beneath the main board.  This would require complete dis-assembly and a brush and vacuum application.  It is possible that some serious damage may have been done during the overheating event and has now become a failure instead of intermittent fault.

#3 galimborpt

galimborpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for answering mjd , so what do you think I should do ? Do you think it's fixable ? Is there any chance that my computer might be able to work normally again ? 

I can't really afford buying another one right now , that's why I really want to see if there's any chance of this problem being repairable.. 

Edited by galimborpt, 20 April 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

With the diligence of a skilled tech the repair is possible.  However most places are a swap out kind of operation that will get it working again but the cost maybe prohibitive.  So many functions are based on the main board that it's no wonder that it's the high failure item.  That replacement cost would be equal to a new one.  Yes, the decision is tough, throw money at the broken one and hope for the best or invest in a new unit.

#5 galimborpt

galimborpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

That's the thing that i was hoping not to hear. I brought the computer to a skilled tech today so i'm waiting to see says about it however if those are the only options then I'll for sure buy another laptop, maybe a used one don't really know.. To think that I had some hope that this problem would be fixed easily  :mellow:

Thanks for helping me out mate, have a good day.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users