Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVI-D port gives no picture

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 resettisreplicas

resettisreplicas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

I have a Nvidia Geforce gtx 660, and the other day the feed from the DVI-D port just disappeared out of nowhere!  I have tried hooking up a different monitor, and using a different cable, but no luck.  My computer thinks that it's working fine, it registers the monitor, and when I'm using dual screens, I can even move the cursor or drag windows into the dead zone.

I have tried both updating and rolling back my graphics card drivers, as well as doing the Windows Refresh (I have Windows 8.1), and it hasn't worked.

This is incredibly frustrating because I really like having dual monitors to do my designing. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

Welcome,

How old is the card, as in still under warranty? Have you contacted Nvidia to see if their tech support can assist?

Solid state devices work well until they quit, then they don't work at all. Your problem sounds like something quit, broke, burned out or just won't work.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 resettisreplicas

resettisreplicas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Welcome,

How old is the card, as in still under warranty? Have you contacted Nvidia to see if their tech support can assist?

Solid state devices work well until they quit, then they don't work at all. Your problem sounds like something quit, broke, burned out or just won't work.

Keep us posted

Less than 30 days old.  I do have warranty on this, but the window's going to close pretty soon.  Would replacing it be my most viable option?

Edited by resettisreplicas, 20 April 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Hi,

My choice would be to replace it. If there are other problems we can sort them out when we can see what we're doing

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#5 resettisreplicas

resettisreplicas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

Alright then.  I'll be getting while the getting's good. Fingers crossed