Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete C:\Pagefile.sys file question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

Hello.

I am following this guide to prep my Windows 7 machine to dual boot with Fedora.

I am at Step 8 in the Prepare to Defragment section and I'm unsure about how to do this or if I should.

In the event that I'm able to, once the Shrink process is done and, assuming the dual boot install goes well, will I be able to "create" a new pagefile.sys once I turn back on / enable the page file system?

Following the instructions in Step 4, I've currently disabled the pagefile.

I'm assuming that once the dual boot is successful, I'll need to go back through this section and turn back on / enable every thing that I've shut off or disabled, yes?

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Disregard.

I rebooted a couple more times and  *poof*  now I can't see it anymore so I'm moving forward.

Wish me luck.  :guitar:

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users