Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death keeps reappearing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 kreG15

kreG15

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

Hi,

I'm a Win7 SP1 32bit user. I was infected with a ransomware (the interpol kind, if it matters), and all I could possibly do to get rid of it was a system restore. So I did it, and it helped. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but ever since, I've been getting blue screens (BSOD), usually when playing games (hence, using up a big chunk of my 2GB RAM). The computer's also been performing relateively slower than it usually was.

I've read about BSOD on the internet and there were multiple advices to update all MB, GPU etc. drivers, so I did. Windows too (finally installed SP1, I think, although I'm sure I had already installed most of the security patches it includes). I also ran ESET online scanner - which found "Molebox.D" in a game's launcher (legit and known) and 4x "multiple threats" in java cache - and MBAM, which found nothing. I'm still getting those BSODs, which is really annoying.

I downloaded "WhoCrashed", which analyzed the minidump files to this:

On Sat 19/4/2014 10:19:28 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041914-23977-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3249DB)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF869C44DC, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

All other analyzes seem to point at "ntoskrnl.exe" too.

What should I do next to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help. I'm starting to get desperate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hello kreG15, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

First, please do not create multiple topics regarding the same computer (and the same problem), it only causes forum clutter. In addition to that, creating multiple topics may also lead to your topic taking even longer for a response (due to more threads being created). There are many reasons why your topic wasn't answered before others, but posting another topic about the same problem will not help, and it only makes more work for the Staff.

I am closing this topic to avoid confusion. Please follow your original topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531627/blue-screens-keep-shutting-me-down/

Thank you for your understanding! :)

bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users