Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion G6-1195sa USB drivers install doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 geoffas

geoffas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Greetings!

My friend has given me her laptop to look at because it was riddled with unwanted pop-ups, viruses and browser toolbars.

The laptpop is an HP Pavilion Notebook PC Model: G6-1195sa running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition. It has an Intel i3 M370 processor running  @ 2.40 GHz.and has 3GB memory and a 300 GB hard drive.

I have removed all the viruses, etc and installed Avast free anti-virus. I ran a boot time scan and it is now clean. However, the USB ports were not recognising devices (flash drive, mouse) that I plugged in. The USB ports have power as shown by the flash drive's light and thedevice show up in device manager after being plugged in, but they don't function.

I tried updating the drivers from HP.com and the chipset driver install (sp52791.exe) appeared to work, yet did nothing. So I tried running it with Administrator permissions - still nothing. So I uninstalled the existing USB drivers and tried to reinstall - nothing. I booted into safe mode and ran it again with Admin permission = nothing.

I went to Intel.com to download the motherboard drivers. The program doesn't run... asking for admin permission. I ran it with admin permissions and it errors, reporting that it should be run with admin permissions. 

I'm now stuck. Can anyone help, please?

Regards,

Geoff (UK).

Edited by hamluis, 23 April 2014 - 04:52 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,777 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Many time deleting all the ports and rebooting allows windows to reload them.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 geoffas

geoffas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

Thank you for your reply OldPhil.

It looks like the viruses have interfered with User Permissions, I did try deleting all the old ports but 'twas to no avail. So, I've decided to try and do a full Windows re-install.

Thanks for your help,

geoffas

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,777 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

You may be able to save the day, re post in "Am I Infected" some great help out there!

Phil

Mod Edit:  No need to repost, topic moved to AII - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 23 April 2014 - 04:52 PM.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users