Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring Folders/Files from Windows XP to Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SteveG02

SteveG02

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

I am a new windows 8.1 user and need to know the easiest way to transfer files/folders XP to 8.1. My level of experience doing things like this is minimal. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Copy them from the Windows XP computer to a USB flash drive, then from the USB flash drive to the Windows 8.1 computer.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Depending on what type of files these are you may need to run XP mode for Windows 8 in order to use them.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Or you can simply plug a flash drive into a USB port, right click on the file you want to transfer and choose Send to, choose the removable disk.

Transfer the drive to the other computer and do send the files to the location of your choice.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users