Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System won't boot, only get post beep when RAM removed.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FrozenSteel

FrozenSteel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Hello everyone! I'm kind of new around here and since the forums I usually lurk on are either shut down or hard to post in, I decided to jump over to see how this community is. Anyways, I just recently built a new AM1 system and when I went to boot it up, only the fans and LED's came to life, no display, no single post beep. Now this is a pretty simple build. Case, PSU, Mainboard, CPU and RAM were the only parts I used. So I decided to do a stripped build (Took the MB out of the case, put another 600 watt PSU off a bench that I know works and hooked all that up to the mainboard which is spec'ed with the same single memory module.) Turned it on with the same effect. Now, if I remove the RAM, the computer beeps 3 times and then stops, which I'm pretty sure indicates no memory installed. Not being too experienced with failed builds (built about 15 machines in my lifetime and all but one worked), does this sound like incompatible memory, a bad board or a bad processor?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

I was thinking a vid issue but looks like ram.

Edited by OldPhil, 20 April 2014 - 08:04 AM.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 FrozenSteel

FrozenSteel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yea, I'm going to send back the mainboard but I'm wondering if I should send the apu along with it considering it has the memory controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users