Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/malware has compressed my files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 domothy

domothy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hey guys

I made the mistake of using a public computer in an internet cafe in Central America to backup my files from an SD card onto a USB-flash drive. After initally copying the files I could still view them on my SD card but the ones on the USB drive looked like the screenshot that I have attached.

Unfortunately I lost the SD card later on so the only thing I have left is my USB stick with some weird file. The size of it is pretty mucht the size of my photos but it's all compressed into this one file.

I've spent heaps of time googling a solution (I didn't change the name of that file btw) but have failed to come up with a solution so this is my last resort. Any help would be much appreciated!

2ajv0uq.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users